TuneBoy

For general Technical and Performance Discussions

TuneBoy

Postby Juggy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:44 am

Hi all,
Been speaking with a mate and I think these guys will be the way I go rather than Power Commander.
Has anyone else used their products. I understand they have nothing ready for Kawasaki selling tothe public yet but told me I can go direct to them and they'll be able to tune for me.
Curious to see if anyone else has had any work done by them.
Thanks
This is my signature and it can say whatever I want.
Juggy
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX10R
State: Queensland

Re: TuneBoy

Postby Baddie » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:52 pm

Bikebiz Parra are able to help you with tuneboy....Ask for brad (I think?) The dyno master.

:D :D
http://superbikesource.com.au/
For aftermarket racing products, from Annitori Quickshifters to Race fairings.

http://tarmactalk.com/forum/forum.php
Baddie
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

State: New South Wales

Postby smithy5 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:05 pm

Not too sure if there is a TuneBoy guru in QLD... I reckon it's not so much the tune, but if the guy doing the work knows his stuff properly. A TuneECU tune off the net with a $10 cable might do the job for you, but if you don't know what you are doing, I reckon it's best to leave it to those who know there shit...

As was mentioned above, Brad at BikeBiz in Granville NSW knows his stuff with TuneBoy. You could try calling him, but he is not a very talkative bloke on the phone.

Whilst researching PC5 I stumbled on BikeBiz and TuneBoy. I spoke with some guys that already had TuneBoy and those that had PC5. The recommendations were glowing for TuneBoy. I found out that Brad had spent many hours over the years and hundreds of Dyno hours on developing Tuneboy with exhausts, bigger cams, hi-flo filters, etc etc....

Going with Brad's experience... In the end...
I got Dennis Foran pipes, Foran cross over, cat removed, K&N Hi-Flow filter, modified airbox, with a Tuneboy Tune on the Dyno. I'm more than happy with the gains, and I don't think I could have done better with a PC5. However, if I had my time again, I whould have got the dyno results in stages ie, stock trim with no mods, then just exhaust, then cat removed etc ,etc..... just so I knew where the most gains were from. As a package it's great, but I don't really know if I could have got 80% of what I have, for 50% of the cost by leaving something out, but who knows and who cares.

It cost me $600 plus the pipes from Dennis, for the TuneBoy Tune, the Dyno, the K&N Filter, and the labour (which included fitting of my pipes)..... :D
2013 Triumph Thunderbird 1700 Storm
Suzuki 1300 LillBusa Ute
Serviced by Allfixed Automotive Castle Hill PH: (02) 9634 1455
SRT Survivor & Oficial Photographer
smithy5
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Scooter
State: New South Wales

Postby Juggy » Sun May 11, 2014 1:30 am

Thanks for your input.
Turns out my mechanic up here is getting a dyno and a flashing product for his shop.
I get along well with him and trust his work, so I'll probably get it done up here.
Juggy
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Juggy » Sun May 11, 2014 1:40 am

Thanks for your input.
Turns out my mechanic up here is getting a dyno and a flashing product for his shop.
I get along well with him and trust his work, so I'll probably get it done up here.
Juggy
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Return to General Tech & Performance Talk