Chinee Pit bike parts

For general Technical and Performance Discussions

Chinee Pit bike parts

Postby Strika » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:14 pm

Any of you guys or girls ever fucked about with Chinee pitbikes? I've inherited a 110cc Chinee bike of unkown origin. It carries no manufacturers marks apart from an eng no. It has no stickers or anything to really identify it. But I need to find a fuffler that has a 22mm inlet diameter. If not, I guess I can make a sleeve, but would prefer to try and find something that bolts straight up.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha
State: Victoria

Re: Chinee Pit bike parts

Postby Stevojumps » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:27 pm

I think most of them for memory have either an Atomic of Lifan motors , Best bet would be to try ebay.
Stevojumps
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX12R
State: South Australia

Postby Tack » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:00 pm

Hey strika, how are you.

I bought a Chinese dirt bike just for a bit of fun.

Mine is a mikilon 250cc though so I dunno if it would be the same. But they do make them in engine sizes from 50cc. The bike I have is a copy of a crf250 but the parts aren't interchangeable with any Honda ones.

This bike has a zongshen engine which was built for the English guy who designed his own bikes and had them built with cheap labour in places like china and Taiwan called megelli motorcycles. I believe that zongshen were rebuilding those engines and starting selling the engines themselves but I dunno that for sure.

This mikilon is hilarious though. The rear tyre would bottom out on the back guard with just hard cornering, never mind hitting a large bump and I wouldn't even think of jumping it.

I worked out that due to the rear leverage ratio that it would need an 1300lb rear spring just to take the load and even then the shock angle was so extreme that it worked more like a door closer and less like a load carrying/ bump force absorption device.

So I removed the original air filter, made a new inlet trumpet and fitted a foam filter and then I made a new upper shock/spring bracket and made the shock sit more vertically and then I remade the lower mount and dropped it lower and as far back as I could on the swing arm.

Now I can jump whatever I like and it takes all the punishment I give it.

It's just a laugh.
I live with fear everyday but on weekends she lets me ride.
Tack
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX10R
State: Queensland

Postby dickfaber » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:50 pm

local to me is this mob (and on evilbay as well), liverpool pit bikes
http://stores.ebay.com.au/liverpool-pit-bikes
run like a hobby, but actually know what they are talking about and have a range of spares on site, and give a fcuk about what you need
I am a bilingual illiterate; i can't read or write in two different languages
dickfaber
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ER6
State: New South Wales

Postby MadKaw » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:21 pm

I bought a muffler for the wifes (yes it is hers) 125 cc scooter from http://www.aliexpress.com/.
It was pit bike muffler about the same size your after and cost about $25 delivered.
The pop rivets all fell out, but was easily fixed.. :-)
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Postby timeeh » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:14 pm

Probably a Lifan or Ducar. I race these little POS bikes, great fun and cheap as chips to run and break and fix :) I get alot of my parts from these guys, Sydney based and quick delivery.
http://www.dhz.com.au/shop/exhaust-system/30
Should be a 50 style motor so anything that bolts onto a CRF50 will fit yours too ;) A quick google of the engine number will tell you exactly what it is, and if you get stuck throw up a pic on this site, these boys will give you answer quick smart ;) http://www.miniriders.com/
timeeh
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX9R
State: ACT

Postby Strika » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:55 am

Thanks for the replies. I'm bedridden again at the moment, so it will have to wait for the time being.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha
State: Victoria

Return to General Tech & Performance Talk