WTB: ZX6R Cancelled

Want to buy something - post here

WTB: ZX6R Cancelled

Postby Kermet » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:22 pm

Looking for something faster than my 250 Ninja (which isn't difficult) but nothing of litre class extremity.

Always wanted a ZX6R, been searching like mad for one lately but not much luck, had a couple of leads but they fell through.

Requirements
Looking at 03 to maybe 08 for $$$ reasons
It must be green, yes I know this narrows my search blanket but it is a Kawasaki & I love the colour.
Newcastle/Hunter region.

If anyone has anything or can suggest anywhere besides bikesales/just bikes/eBay etc, I would be grateful.
Last edited by Kermet on Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half the wheels.....twice the fun!!
Kermet
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Re: WTB: ZX6R

Postby KiwiMat » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:41 am

Gumtree: 2003 KAWASAKI ZX6-R ZX636

Please view this ad:

2003 KAWASAKI ZX6-R ZX636,
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cessnoc ... VIP_sticky

Price: $3,500

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
https://tinyurl.com/n4b7djy

there you go, on your doorstep. wont last at that price...
ZX12R - 2005
GSXR750 - 2022
FZR250 - 1990
ZXR250A... project
KiwiMat
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX12R

Postby Kermet » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:14 am

I'm not sure what's going on with that one, the add was up, I messaged I was interested, the add disappeared.

3 days later it was back up, I messaged I was interested, he responded to give him a call when i want to check it out, I replied with when I would like to visit, haven't heard anything since.

Dodgy? Missus pushing to sell? Drug fucked? Being very busy is BS these days, with a phone in our pocket everywhere we go it only takes a second to check your listing & reply to a potential customer.

Guess I'll be passing on this one
Kermet
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby KiwiMat » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:06 pm

Kermet wrote:I'm not sure what's going on with that one, the add was up, I messaged I was interested, the add disappeared.

3 days later it was back up, I messaged I was interested, he responded to give him a call when i want to check it out, I replied with when I would like to visit, haven't heard anything since.

Dodgy? Missus pushing to sell? Drug fucked? Being very busy is BS these days, with a phone in our pocket everywhere we go it only takes a second to check your listing & reply to a potential customer.

Guess I'll be passing on this one

cool... who knows what's going on bro.
i saw a $10,000 bike sell for $2,500 last week, turns out it was the girlfriends dead ex-boyfriends bike, just wanted it gone, you just never know. If the bike is good and the price is right, rego papers are in order, then just be as patient as possible, if you cant get onto him, then chances are nobody else has either.
i had a similar experience trying to buy a front end damaged K1300S same as mine, the guy was a fckn tripper, not answering messages , seemed off his head, got the bike for $650, have a complete motor with 14,000km under my bench which started first go, and even did diagnostics on computer before stripping the bike for spares and storing it all. It was a painful experience but worth it.

anyways, see how you go.

cheers
kiwimat
ZX12R - 2005
GSXR750 - 2022
FZR250 - 1990
ZXR250A... project
KiwiMat
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX12R

Postby Daisy » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:30 pm

Kermet wrote:...with a phone in our pocket everywhere we go it only takes a second to check your listing & reply to a potential customer.

Not all of us carry the phone everywhere or even have the app on it. I've been selling some stuff on scumtree lately and if I have to wade through the shallow end of the gene pool, they can bloody well wait until I'm in front of an actual computer. Of course, nobody ever bothers to make an actual phone call either. Then when you do answer a text message immediately they ghost you.
I just assume everyone on there is a drugged up psycho and I'm then pleasantly surprised and relieved when an actual human shows up - with cash. :D
dutchy wrote:White bikes are awesome :grin:
Daisy
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: GTR
State: South Australia

Postby Kermet » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:59 am

I had decided to extend my search for a 9R & 10R, no point limiting myself.
I know I haven't been looking long & this may flame some people but I found a few potential bikes, the issue is not one of these arseholes seems to be interested in selling their gear.
Seriously, if you put up an add to sell something, shouldn't you make sure you keep an eye on your messages/emails/calls?
Being busy is a BS excuse, if it's sold or you're gonna be unavailable for X amount of time, then clear the fucking add.
As I said, there'll be some of you who think I'm the dick here but this is shitting me majorly.
If there's nothing selling then fine, I have to be patient, but if there's bikes out there & I'm trying to contact the seller for more than a week with no response, then sod it.

Now I've had a dumby spit, I'll be visiting my Kawasaki dealer tomorrow to look into my options for a new ZX6R, I hope it can be done.
Wish me luck.
Kermet
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Return to Wanted To Buy