Switch to full style
Want to buy something - post here
Post a reply

Re: 04 -05 zx10r ( Crim ) MAIN FRAME NEEDED

Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:42 am

Kwak addict wrote:I had a very similar crack in my ZXR frame & had it welded with no issues.
You need a welder who understands the nature of motorcycle frame welding though, it's very thin & if not done right will just crack right next to the new weld.

Thanks mate
Good to know.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Kwak addict wrote:I had a very similar crack in my ZXR frame & had it welded with no issues.
You need a welder who understands the nature of motorcycle frame welding though, it's very thin & if not done right will just crack right next to the new weld.

One thing to be aware of when welding aluminium/alloys. When the frame is manufactured it will be heat treated post welding to attain a certain temper .For example 6061-T6 the T6 refers to the temper. When you then weld repair the crack in the frame ,this area will no longer have the heat treatment required therefore will be soft. I personally would refuse to weld a component that is subject to stress like a motorcycle frame .Failure can result in a coroner wanting to point a finger and that finger can cost a lot of money. Not telling you what to do but food for thought.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:32 am

There is a whole bike for sale here in vic at a good price

Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:02 pm

^+1
Post a reply