Moe Earthquake appeal

Got a Joke tell of something amusing to share? Well post it here

Moe Earthquake appeal

Postby SNAFU » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:18 am

A major earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale hit in the late hours of yesterday, with the epicentre in Moe. Victims were seen wandering... around aimlessly muttering, “F**kin ell” and “Whadda c**t”.

The earthquake decimated the area causing approximately $30 worth of damage.

Several priceless collections of mementos from the Torana Appreciation Society and the Moe Progress Hall were damaged beyond repair.

Three areas of historic burnt out cars were disturbed.

Many locals were woken well before their welfare cheques arrived. One resident – Tracy Sharon Smith, a 15-year-old mother of 5 said “It was such a shock, my little Chardonnay Mercedes came running into my bedroom crying. My youngest two, Tyler-Morgaan and Meeghan-Storm slept through it all. I was still shaking when I was watching Jerry Springer the next morning”.

Apparently though, looting, muggings and car crime carried on as normal.

The Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4,000 crates of Vegemite and 70,000 bottles of Home Brew to the area to help the stricken locals. Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings, which include benefit books, Collingwood jerseys, Jewellery from Priceline and bone china from Go Lo.

HOW YOU CAN HELP

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing, parcels for those unfortunate to be caught up in this disaster. Clothing is most sought after. Items most needed include: baseball caps, flannelette shirts, thongs and tracksuits.

Food parcels may be harder to come by, but are needed all the same. Required foodstuffs include, Cheezels, McDonalds, KFC, ice cream and cans of Woodstock Bourbon or Bacardi Breezers.

If you would prefer to donate money, 25c buys a biro for filling in compensation forms; $5.00 buys chips, battered fish, crisps and fizzy drinks for a family of 9; $10.00 will pay for a packet of Winfield Blues and a lighter to calm the nerves of those affected.

PLEASE do not send tents for shelter, as the sight of posh housing is unfair on the population of the neighbouring areas.
"If you want to be a big dog you sometimes you have to piss on big tree's!"
"There are no strangers in motorcycling, just riders who have not met yet!"

http://www.facebook.com/groups/346189288739617/?fref=ts
SNAFU
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX14R
State: Tasmania

Re: Moe Earthquake appeal

Postby born green » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:49 pm

SNAFU wrote:A major earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale hit in the late hours of yesterday, with the epicentre in Moe. Victims were seen wandering... around aimlessly muttering, “F**kin ell” and “Whadda c**t”.

The earthquake decimated the area causing approximately $30 worth of damage.

Several priceless collections of mementos from the Torana Appreciation Society and the Moe Progress Hall were damaged beyond repair.

Three areas of historic burnt out cars were disturbed.

Many locals were woken well before their welfare cheques arrived. One resident – Tracy Sharon Smith, a 15-year-old mother of 5 said “It was such a shock, my little Chardonnay Mercedes came running into my bedroom crying. My youngest two, Tyler-Morgaan and Meeghan-Storm slept through it all. I was still shaking when I was watching Jerry Springer the next morning”.

Apparently though, looting, muggings and car crime carried on as normal.

The Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4,000 crates of Vegemite and 70,000 bottles of Home Brew to the area to help the stricken locals. Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings, which include benefit books, Collingwood jerseys, Jewellery from Priceline and bone china from Go Lo.

HOW YOU CAN HELP

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing, parcels for those unfortunate to be caught up in this disaster. Clothing is most sought after. Items most needed include: baseball caps, flannelette shirts, thongs and tracksuits.

Food parcels may be harder to come by, but are needed all the same. Required foodstuffs include, Cheezels, McDonalds, KFC, ice cream and cans of Woodstock Bourbon or Bacardi Breezers.

If you would prefer to donate money, 25c buys a biro for filling in compensation forms; $5.00 buys chips, battered fish, crisps and fizzy drinks for a family of 9; $10.00 will pay for a packet of Winfield Blues and a lighter to calm the nerves of those affected.

PLEASE do not send tents for shelter, as the sight of posh housing is unfair on the population of the neighbouring areas.

This was doin the rounds a little while ago.... Good laugh again... but maybe a bit to true tho............ mmmm moe, and they wonder why the country laughs at them... thank god for the bypass.....
96 ZX7R roady
07 ZX10R tracky. to many mods to list here!
95 tickford XR6,
SO MANY KAWASAKI'S SO LITTLE TIME
born green
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX10R
State: Victoria

Postby SNAFU » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:34 pm

Thanks mate this was sent to me from a mate at Lakes Entrance yesterday, it did make me smile.

Cya Dutchy :D
"If you want to be a big dog you sometimes you have to piss on big tree's!"
"There are no strangers in motorcycling, just riders who have not met yet!"

http://www.facebook.com/groups/346189288739617/?fref=ts
SNAFU
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX14R

Moe Earthquake appeal

Postby StuMiller » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:32 pm

Acronym for Moe - moccasins on everyone....

Good luck to all...
2007 ZX6 - Road bike
StuMiller
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R

Postby dickfaber » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:43 pm

I am a bilingual illiterate; i can't read or write in two different languages
dickfaber
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ER6
State: New South Wales

Postby Jonno » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:47 pm

StuMiller wrote:Acronym for Moe - moccasins on everyone....

Good luck to all...

Motherhood Outpays Employment more like it.
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Queensland

Return to Joke & Amusement Park