Kawasaki testing continues

Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing

Kawasaki testing continues

Postby MadKaw » Tue May 04, 2004 9:02 am

MOTOGP WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2004
FUCHS KAWASAKI TEST - CIRCUITO DE JEREZ
2ND MAY 2004 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TESTING CONTINUES FOR FUCHS KAWASAKI TEAM

The rain that so badly affected the Spanish Grand Prix yesterday had given way to clear skies as the Fuchs Kawasaki Racing Team arrived at the Jerez circuit this morning, for the first day of a planned two-day test.

With a promotional event taking place this morning it wasn't until the afternoon that Shinya Nakano and Alex Hofmann were able to take to the track for their first test run. With the track still damp in places after the torrential rain over the weekend, Nakano started out evaluating revised clutch components in his Ninja ZX-RR, before switching to tyre testing as the track dried out fully towards the end of the day.

Hofmann's focus today was on evaluating revised engine components, designed to increase torque from the 990cc, inline four Ninja ZX-RR motor. The track conditions forced the 23-year-old German to curtail the test prematurely, but not before collecting valuable performance data on the revised parts.

Shinya Nakano:
"I had some trouble getting the bike off the line in South Africa, so today we tested some new clutch components in a bid to improve both reliability and feel, and I'm happy to say that these changes have made a significant difference. We also tested four new rear tyres from Bridgestone and collected a lot of data for their development programme. Tomorrow, if the weather stays kind to us, we will concentrate on evaluating the recent revisions made to the chassis."

Alex Hofmann:
"We had been hoping to test some revised engine components thoroughly, but the track was still damp in places, which meant that only a short test was possible. I also managed to do an endurance run on a new tyre that we had planned to test over the weekend, but couldn't because of the weather. We weren't sure whether this particular tyre would have lasted race distance here, but after 26 laps today we now know we can add it to our list of potential race tyres. Bridgestone have been working overtime on development since the opening race of the season at Welkom, so tomorrow's second day of testing will concentrate on evaluating their latest selection of tyres."

Naoya Kaneko: Technical Co-ordinator
"Although Alex was only on track for a few hours today we still managed to collect a lot of detailed data on the performance of the new engine components. The initial results have been very positive, and the data will now be sent back to Kawasaki in Japan to be incorporated into the factory's ongoing engine development programme. Shinya tested some revised clutch components today and the results were also very positive, but it is important that we test the reliability of these components further before using them in a race. Shinya also tested four new rear tyres this afternoon, in order to provide Bridgestone with the information they require for their own tyre development process. Tomorrow we will concentrate on bringing together all the new components we've tested up to now, to assess how much of an improvement they offer and in which direction we need to focus further development efforts. The right direction is more apparent each time we run the bike, and this bodes well for the future."
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Postby MadKaw » Wed May 05, 2004 2:00 pm

MOTOGP WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2004
FUCHS KAWASAKI TEST DAY 2 - CIRCUITO DE JEREZ
4TH MAY 2004 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FUCHS KAWASAKI CONCLUDE SUCCESSFUL JEREZ TEST

The Fuchs Kawasaki Racing Team concluded their second and final day of testing at the Jerez circuit in Southern Spain this afternoon, with Shinya Nakano and Alex Hofmann completing more than 120 laps between them as they worked their way through a punishing test schedule.

Warm weather and clear skies made for ideal testing conditions at the 4.423km Jerez circuit today, allowing both Fuchs Kawasaki riders to complete a test schedule disrupted by poor track conditions yesterday.

For Nakano, the focus of today's test was on the chassis of his Ninja ZX-RR. The 26-year-old Japanese rider worked with his pit crew to improve the front and rear suspension settings, in a bid to improve stability of the bike under braking and control of the rear under power. In addition to the chassis work, Nakano also tested a range of new tyres from Bridgestone, declaring himself impressed with the consistency of one in particular.

Nakano's Fuchs Kawasaki teammate, Alex Hofmann, also concentrated on refining the set-up of his Ninja ZX-RR, as well as running tyre endurance tests throughout the day. The 23-year-old German rider also tested the same revised clutch components and settings tried by his teammate yesterday. Although Hofmann made some progress on the chassis front, he was disappointed not to have made a bigger improvement in this area today.

The Fuchs Kawasaki Racing Team now head for France and the third round of the 2004 MotoGP World Championship, which will take place on Sunday 16th May at the world famous Le Mans circuit.

Shinya Nakano: 1'42.82 (51 laps)
"For the first part of today's test we concentrated on the chassis, working to find a better setting on the front and rear suspension. We managed to make a small improvement to both ends of the bike, which led to better stability under braking and improved control when the rear starts to slide. After that it was on to tyre testing and I'm happy to say we identified one rear slick that worked consistently around this circuit. Overall we checked many small, but important things and the end result has not been so bad for me today. We head now for the next race at Le Mans, where we'll have even more new components to test."

Alex Hofmann: 1'43.78 (73 laps)
"We tested the new clutch components and settings that Shinya tried yesterday, but the main focus of today's test has been tyre testing for Bridgestone and working to improve the set-up of the bike. The tyre testing involved a couple of endurance runs this afternoon, which are always hard work, but it was definitely worthwhile. We identified a tyre that we know would have worked well here in the race if only it had stayed dry on Sunday. Using this tyre I was able to improve upon my best time from Friday's practice and qualifying sessions; the only dry track time we got over the course of the weekend. At the end of the day we'd made a small improvement to the balance of the bike; the front feels good now, although we still have a little work to do on the rear. While the progress made was not the big leap forward we were hoping for, it was a step forward nonetheless."
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Bike: ZX10R

Postby mfzx6r » Wed May 05, 2004 3:45 pm

Cant wait till the next race !
Lets hope they make the Podium !!
At least there's hope this year !

mario
Mario
'01 zx6r
klx300r
If it aint "Lime green" it must be a "Lemon"
Friends dont let friends ride Hondas

The most famous KSRC member of all...
Part of the "Fookarwe" tribe
mfzx6r
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Victoria

Postby Bluefly » Thu May 06, 2004 10:11 am

Nah, if they get a spot on the podium, that's one less chance Valentino's gonna get one.

Now if only Val would get onboard a Green Machine..... notworthy.gif
Hayden who??
Bluefly
Patient 46
Patient 46

Postby mfzx6r » Thu May 06, 2004 11:48 am

I'm all Vall'd out.
Great rider and all that but way too much of him everywhere,butter wont melt in his mouth type thing.
Me I'm going for the mongril type thing I want MAX to win. :twisted:

mario
now I'm in for it :oops:
Mario
'01 zx6r
klx300r

mfzx6r
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Postby Bluefly » Thu May 06, 2004 2:04 pm

Don't think we're gonna get along Mario.....

Being female, I don't know what you mean about being "Valled out". ????? dontknow.gif This phrase does not make any sense to me!

As for Max, send him back to the nursery to play with all the other insolent little children violent5.gif
Hayden who??
Bluefly
Patient 46
Patient 46

Postby mfzx6r » Thu May 06, 2004 8:13 pm

Bobbi
Vall'd out All Valentino'd out
I'm going for the under Dog. Max Barros Bayliss Caparossi Edwards
anyone but bloody Rossi.
But not Roberts Jr his a dick
I dont hate Rossi why he's the best rider of them all . I just think it would be nice to see someone else win
Go
MAX hahahaha
XXbazooka.gif

Mario
Mario
'01 zx6r
klx300r

mfzx6r
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Postby Bluefly » Fri May 07, 2004 10:12 am

I know what you were trying to say about being Vall'd out, but my female brain does not comprehend the likelihood of that ever happening.

Bring on Mr Valentino, the more the better, Rossi rules. Who's MAX???
Hayden who??
Bluefly
Patient 46
Patient 46

Postby mfzx6r » Fri May 07, 2004 11:13 am

Someone once told me Val looks like
"Monkey" remember that kung fu show ? hahaha
And now thats all I think of when I see him ! sorry hahahaha hat46.gif

mario
Mario
'01 zx6r
klx300r

mfzx6r
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Postby ty » Fri May 07, 2004 1:41 pm

LOL
DAMNIT!
Now I will too! new_rofl.gif
If you have no fear, you're not going fast enough.
Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
ty
Team Ninja

Bike: Honda

Postby Bluefly » Fri May 07, 2004 2:21 pm

I can't believe they gave you guys a licence to ride a bike - what with your patchy eyesight and all.... looks like a MONKEY!!! :axe:

If that's what you reckon, I've never seen a better looking monkey in my life! Or one with such an irresistable smile, undeniable talent, and who looks so good in tight leather.... MAX on the other hand, looks likely to shoot deadly lasers from his nasty ol' eyes and burn up anyone who dares smile in his presence.

Underdogs are underdogs for a reason. bootyshake.gif
Hayden who??
Bluefly
Patient 46
Patient 46

Postby ty » Fri May 07, 2004 2:52 pm

Bluefly wrote:I can't believe they gave you guys a licence to ride a bike - what with your patchy eyesight and all.... looks like a MONKEY!!! :axe:

I think it's those side-burns he has, or at least used to have - looks like he hasn't fully evolved yet ;)
If you have no fear, you're not going fast enough.
Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
ty
Team Ninja

Bike: Honda

Postby mfzx6r » Fri May 07, 2004 3:32 pm

Hahahahha !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not a monkey "Monkey" was his name.
The fairy or what ever she was made a man out of a monkey to protect the princess..
He does look like him a lot
Ty is right the side burns !!! hahahaha

mario
Mario
'01 zx6r
klx300r

mfzx6r
KSRC Addict