339.5km/h zx10r

Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing

339.5km/h zx10r

Postby philbo » Sun May 06, 2012 12:18 pm

just keeps getting stronger and stronger awesome work by kawasaki and tommy!!!!! :kuda:

http://www.kawasaki-racingteam.eu/road- ... B63389C884

Sykes And Kawasaki Set The Fastest Ever SBK Top Speed
WSBK, Monza, Italy, 5 May 2012
At Monza today Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) just missed out on his fourth pole position start in a row but his Ninja ZX-10R powered him to the highest top speed ever recorded in SBK, 339.5kmph.

Tom Sykes: “When I hit the new record top speed I could feel that the rpm was higher and I knew from the note of the engine that it was more than on previous laps. I could not have timed my run to get into Biaggi’s slipstream any better. I had a fantastic run out of Parabolica and I used Max’s draft all the way down the straight. If we had more time we could have come back in and gone with a slick rear or intermediate rear and made the difference, but it wasn’t to be. We did a great last lap on wet tyres and starting from second on the grid is not too bad. It is a front row start and that is the main thing. The competitive side of me for sure is disappointed not to keep the run of Superpole wins going but tomorrow is the one that counts. It’s great for Kawasaki and myself to be on the front row and it is a lot better starting slot for tomorrow. We have good pace in the dry and I do not think the wet will be an issue either. A dry race would be better for everybody.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9vV9aVUik4
KEEPIN'IT REAL ON THE WESS SIDE

DONT LET FEAR HOLD YOU BACK

Storm-010 white zx6r
philbo
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R
State: Western Australia

Re: 339.5km/h zx10r

Postby laidback » Sun May 06, 2012 12:39 pm

Awesome...pity he missed out on pole. :kuda:
Roady - ZRX1200R
Tracky - ZX9R F1 Team Jerry Atric

I've reached the age where 'happy hour' is a nap.
laidback
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX
State: New South Wales

Return to Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing