Is the dream over for rossi ??

Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing

Postby hoffy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:06 pm

Id say he is almost goneski..unless he can get on another manufacturers bike..

'I cannot ride this Ducati' declares Valentino Rossi after Qatar MotoGP struggle

By Michele Lostia and Matt Beer Monday, April 9th 2012, 00:28 GMT

A downbeat Valentino Rossi conceded that at present he simply cannot get to grips with the 2012 Ducati after struggling to 10th place in the Qatar Grand Prix.

The seven-time MotoGP champion was a long way off the pace throughout the Losail weekend, and could not match team-mate Nicky Hayden's pace.

While Rossi said an earlier clash with Hector Barbera was a factor in his Qatar result, he admitted that the biggest problem was that the bike did not suit him at all.

"I had big problems at the beginning of the race: when we are on new tyres I struggle under braking," he told Italian broadcaster Mediaset. "On top of that, I lost four or five seconds after coming together with Barbera. I then managed to improve a bit and on the last lap I even managed to set my quickest lap on worn tyres. But it's useless, we struggle to be competitive.

"I can't ride this bike, I can't make the difference, I can't even keep up with Hayden's pace, who I used to go quick against in comparison. In theory, with new tyres I should go quicker. Nicky managed to do a good race with the other works Ducati, but he still ended up only sixth."

Rossi fears that 2012 could end up being even harder than last year, when he took just one podium finish.

"In Jerez testing it went better, sixth with the quicker tyres," he said. "But that's our pace, it's not an attractive objective to be fighting for sixth place. We are used to better objectives.

"Probably we are going worse than last year because we managed to be seventh back then... What can I say? I want to be frank. I can't ride this bike well, even in comparison with my fellow Ducati riders.

"This Ducati has problems: I gave indications over where to intervene, but we didn't solve our problems. Unfortunately I'm no engineer and can't do anything about it. At least the positive aspect is that I don't crash with this chassis. That's something at least."

The Italian added that he was finding it hard to be optimistic as Ducati had failed to progress from a disappointing start in 2011.

"We ran out of hope last year. More than hope we need a better bike," Rossi said. "But I wouldn't want to expose myself like I did last year, by thinking and hoping that the second chassis development would be an improvement.

"I tried to be a professional. When Barbera pushed me out I even considered returning to the pits, but then I stayed out in order to give our technicians some data to study so as to improve things."
hoffy
Team Barge
Team Barge

Bike: Z1000
State: New South Wales

Re: Is the dream over for rossi ??

Postby 6maniac » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:13 pm

who's Rossi ?
I've spent over 40 years of my life riding bikes .... the rest of it, I wasted ..
If it's got wheels or tits, it's gonna give you trouble !
HCST #2
Team Black '09 ..... R.I.P. - 2011.
Back in Black....2011.
6maniac
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Z750

Postby aardvark » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:27 pm

Rumours are doing the rounds that he will be riding a satellite Yamaha next year, with Coca Cola as the main sponsor. Way too soon to say if this has any truth to it, but if it does happen, it was an EARLY call!!
aardvark
Apprentice Post Whore :-)
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: Yamaha
State: South Australia

Postby dutchy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Bwaahahahahahaha!! :lol:

Sooooooooo, that's a good way to devastate and crush your own teams hopes and dreams. All this just after the first round. Way to inspire Rossi!! :lol:
I plan on living forever..............so far so good!!
Self appointed official poon-tang image supplier to KSRC
2010 KSRC MotoGP tipping champion

1998 ZX7R
1982 GPZ 550
dutchy
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX7R
State: Victoria

Postby Gosling1 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:24 pm

as soon as he gets off that bucket of shit and back onto a jap bike - any jap bike - he will get back into form pretty quickly.

8)
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby pittster » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:31 pm

Why can they make the bike as close as possible to the yamaha and stick current motor??? I'm sure there is more in it than that but why try evolve a bike that clearly dosen't suit the rider?? So much money so little brains :D (Ducatti I mean)
Kawasaki ZX-10R 2008 - R77 Yoshi full system, PC3 Custom Mapped, Benneli bar end mirrors, Puig Double Bubble, Radiator protector, CircuitOne Mirror blanks, Pazzo levers, Shift-I, etc
pittster
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX10R

Postby fezzick » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:56 pm

pittster wrote:Why can they make the bike as close as possible to the yamaha and stick current motor??? I'm sure there is more in it than that but why try evolve a bike that clearly dosen't suit the rider?? So much money so little brains :D (Ducatti I mean)

Why? Simple. Because the Ducati team management said, as soon as Rossi signed with them, "We are not going to build another Yamaha just to suit Valentino Rossi." Now they have to stick by what they said back then.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left. Phil
www.halfofmylife.com
fezzick
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Jonnymac » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:56 pm

They have started to make it a Yamaha they also said they would never change the carbon fibre frame/swingarm and they have.
I think part of their problem is that the engine is a stressed member of the frame.

They have spent so much trying to make it work they should've just kept Casey lol
Jonnymac
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R

Postby Six Addict » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:07 am

Jonnymac wrote:They have started to make it a Yamaha they also said they would never change the carbon fibre frame/swingarm and they have.
I think part of their problem is that the engine is a stressed member of the frame.

They have spent so much trying to make it work they should've just kept Casey lol

The engine isn't stressed anymore, they have a full perimeter twin spar frame...

They lost all chance of keeping Casey when they made a mid season play for 'you're gay' when Casey was suffering with what he found out was lactose intolerance... Ducati showed their colours right there and then
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy
Pinchy

Bike: Ducati

Postby HeWasANinja » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:21 am

Haha sign him up for Kawasaki next year in world super bikes... If lascorze injury is as serious as to be thought replace lascorze with Rossi... That would be tops..
HeWasANinja
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX6R

Postby fireyrob » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:36 am

Shit weekend. Norwich beat Tottenham :(
09 ZX6R
03 Zthou
fireyrob
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Postby javaman » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:01 pm

Rossi should stop whinging and ride like Hayden.

alien.gif andi - Red GPZ900R, GPZ750R1, KLR650 Tengai, KLR250
"my dad's motorbike is cool it is all ways clean.oheter pepole' s motorbikes
are't like my dad's one it's because their is one not always clean."
-ariel circa 2007
http://GPZninja.blogspot.com/
javaman
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: GPz900

Postby un_majstk » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:04 pm

javaman wrote:Rossi should stop whinging and ride like Hayden.

laughing4.gif
he speaks ze truth.
un_majstk
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Honda

Postby z900/zx9 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:49 am

Sooky la la boy, dont be surprised if he goes to superbikes
http://tinypic.com/hu369k.jpg[/img]
[b]Z900, z900RS , H2 Ninja 1000 Supercharged. FPV Supercharged Pursuit ute..
z900/zx9
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Naked Twin » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:02 pm

Yamaha want him back, last year the rumours were out that he was looking at running a satellite team. About the same time when Ducati started to give the carbon fibre frame away.

This could be Rossi trying to get Ducati to do what he wants rather than the other way round. Though I read that when Marco Melandri complained about the Ducati when he was on it, Ducati gave him the contact details of a sports psychologist!

I think that just proves that Stoner can't develop a bike but can ride round the inferior capabilities of a bike and win
Naked Twin
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: Suzuki

Next

Return to Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing