Kawasaki WSBK - Valencia

Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing

Kawasaki WSBK - Valencia

Postby Lt-Dan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:01 pm

Haven't checked the WSBK site for a week or so, but stumbled upon this tonight!! I'm salivating for 2012 already :kuda: :kuda:

Record pace for Sykes in Spanish testing
Friday, 02 December 2011 14:12

After two winter test sessions in Spain, at Aragon and more recently Valencia, Kawasaki Racing Team rider Tom Sykes enters the enforced winter break in good spirits after posting strong performances. A three-day Valencia test finished on Wednesday, just before the new testing ban kicks in for all WSBK teams. Using race tyres, Sykes set a best lap of 1'33.1s, which is a tenth or so faster than the best Superpole lap ever recorded at the former WSBK venue.

There were many developments to the race-winning Ninja ZX-10R to test, including suspension, linkages, electronics, chassis geometry and the latest ride-by-wire system. With more direct control of the entire KRT Superbike World Championship project now more evident, there were several Japanese engineers in the pit garages as all the team-members refined their working methods and strategies.

Tom Sykes: "The tests went well and we ended up doing a 1'33.1 lap time on a race tyre. We have worked through a lot of different things, we are working well in the garage and I am relaxed. It is no secret that when I'm relaxed I work my best. We have had some good weather - consistent weather - in Valencia and that made it better to work through all we needed to do. We have a new electronics package and found a better overall machine balance for me. We also went well at Aragon even though we only really had half a good day there, because of weather and some car tyre rubber laid on the track surface. Once the conditions improved it took us only four outings of four laps each to beat the kind of lap times I set at the race last summer. Right now we are on a package that we have not changed so much between the two tests. We have a fairly good base setting that works for race distance and, when we put new tyres in, for a fast lap time as well. I think we have come a long way even since the post-season Portimao test. The bike tells me what it is doing quite a lot better than before, and the improved feedback tells me when I am arriving at the limit."

After the test ban is lifted in mid January the team will take to the track once more in Spain, at Almeria, to make further steps down the road toward the start of the new WSBK season.
2004 ZX-10R Track Bike

In six days God made the heavens and earth and said it was good
On the seventh day He rested
On the eight day He made the ZX-10R and proclaimed perfection
Lt-Dan

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Re: Kawasaki WSBK - Valencia

Postby Six Addict » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:01 pm

so what team is he riding for next year? paul bird lost the factory deal and sykes was riding for him??
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy
Pinchy

Bike: Ducati
State: New South Wales

Kawasaki WSBK - Valencia

Postby Jonnymac » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:38 am

Sykes and lascorz are riding for the factory Kawasaki team in 2012.
Should be good after a year of development.
Jonnymac
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R
State: Victoria

Re: Kawasaki WSBK - Valencia

Postby born green » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:22 pm

Jonnymac wrote:Sykes and lascorz are riding for the factory Kawasaki team in 2012.
Should be good after a year of development.

Here's hoping.
Tom's a lot better rider than we saw this year.
96 ZX7R roady
07 ZX10R tracky. to many mods to list here!
95 tickford XR6,
SO MANY KAWASAKI'S SO LITTLE TIME
born green
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX10R
State: Victoria

Return to Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing