Matt Walters - Portimao

Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing

Matt Walters - Portimao

Postby Six Addict » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:16 pm

Matt walters will be riding for the motocard team in 600 superstock at the final round of the wsbk :kuda: :kuda: :kuda: :kuda: :kuda:

go you good thing!!! hope ya stick it up some of the euros :lol:

josh waters will also be riding in superbike (but on a suzuki) and aitcho is looking good after cracking a top 10 at imola recently :kuda: :kuda: :kuda:

go the aussies!!!
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy
Pinchy

Bike: Ducati
State: New South Wales

Re: Matt Walters - Portimao

Postby MadKaw » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:45 am

Yep, got this from Kawi..

2010 Australian Superstock 600 Champion, Matt Walters, has flown to Portugal in preparation for his World racing debut in the Superstock 600 class on board a Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R at the final round of the 2011 World Superbike Championship in Portimao this Sunday 16 October.

With the assistance of long time friend and fellow Ninja ZX-6R pilot, Broc Parkes, (who currently sits in 3rd place in the World Supersport class), Walters will make his much anticipated World Racing debut this weekend with support from the Kawasaki Provec Motocard.com team.

Walters’ support from Parkes and the Provec Motocard.com Kawasaki team combined with his immense and valuable knowledge of the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R will all play to the 18 year olds favour as he’ prepares to do battle amongst the best in the world.

An optimistic Matt Walters say’s, “I’m excited to ride on the World stage. I’ll try and make the most of it and have a good time as well and try and get some good results at the same time”.

When asked if nerves have been creeping into his preparation, Walters’ says, “I’m not nervous about riding the bike, I’m more nervous about getting to the airport and getting over there. I rode the Ninja ZX-6R in 2010 when I won the Australian Superstock Championship. The ZX-6R is a very good bike, it’s very neutral. I know a lot about it so I think I can set the bike up well when we get over there. I’ve spent 2 years on the ZX-6R so I’m not starting from scratch. I know my settings and will start from there.”

While Matt is receiving a lot of support in Portugal, many in Australia have helped him on his road to Portimao including Kawasaki dealership Kawasaki Connection in Cessnock, Kawasaki Motors Finance, Rover Coaches, SES Mining, Reliable Conveyor Belt, Beltor Engineering and Austar Coal.
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Bike: ZX10R

Postby MadKaw » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:13 am

Matt has qualified 19th out of 36 riders.
Great result considering he's new to the track and the bike..
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Wattie » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:43 am

he is beating Adrian Nestrovic, the Aussie that has been over there all year :kuda:

He stacked it early in Practice, but got going again.
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Return to Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing