All Green podium in spanish Superstock.

Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing

All Green podium in spanish Superstock.

Postby MadKaw » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:58 pm

From Kawasaki
---
Translated from the Kawasaki Spain news story by BLING then I had to clean it up a little to try and make some sense….

June 20, 2011

We thought it could happen any time but it would eventually happen... and it did happen at the Circuit de Catalunya, where Kawasaki has achieved the all of the three steps of the podium.
The category Extreme Stock was all green, after another victory by Santi Barragán, Ivan Silva's second place and third place Kyle Smith also on a Ninja ZX-10R.
This historic result, confirms the excellent performance of the 2011 Ninja ZX-10R and the magnificent credentials of the Kawasaki riders.
In addition, must be added the big news of the week: Elena Rosell (Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R), who finished ninth, will run the next meeting of the world of MotoGP in the Moto2 category under the command of Jorge Martínez Aspar in replacement of injured Julian Simon in Assen.
( Ed Note Elena suffered 3 crashes on the wet and slippery Assen Circuit in the Netherlands on Friday and failed to make the Qualification time.)

The weekend started to be painted green on Saturday, day in which Ivan Silva (PL Racing) achieved a fantastic pole position on his favorite circuit. Santi Barragán (Extremadura Junior Team) was second, so the front row of the grid was staring two Kawasaki.
The race began with an erratic start from Silva, who lost many positions and was a little behind with Kyle Smith (BST). However, Barragán returned to dominate from the start of the race, commanding the race from the front.
Yes it was not easy to endure the push from Enrique Ferrer and Alberto Lopez, who tried to complicated things.
From behind, Silva’s poor start hampered his first laps, however in a spectacular way, little by little, without haste and with a clear intent. The Catalan rider had moved up to third in the sixth lap with Smith following close behind, and both passed Ferrer, it was Silva first then followed by Smith, to command the triumph of Barragán and completing a podium of your dreams.
Elena Rosell, for her part, found a impressive ninth place after trading several positions and is prepared to give everything in the circuit of Assen in the next World Cup event.
The next test of the CEV, July 10 at the Torrecica circuit (Albacete).
Santiago Barragán (1): "This is the race that I better known of the three." We knew we would cost because it is the circuit that had crossed over. I have yet to get the feeling that we have had in other careers, but my team has worked on implementing point-to-point and everything has gone well. "I want to thank my team, Michelin and Kawasaki for this victory."
Ivan Silva (2nd): "I have made a poor start because we used the hard tyres." To the end I have recovered positions but I have been unable to get to Barragan. Thanks to my bike’s traction control I've avoided losing time and I but even so, the bike assisted me so much. "I'm very happy, but we need to work more and now, we have to wait for the next race".
Kyle Smith (3rd): "In the last race, I broke my collarbone." We went well in the race and I was to be among the top 5 for part of the race. "Ending on the podium, what more than I could dreamed for".

Barragan leads the Extreme Stock class with 3 wins from 3 starts, Ivan Silva is in second. Looks good in this class for rest of the season.

Extreme Stock allows slicks, wheels and suspension changes, must have stock engines with Kit ECU and full exhaust system.
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Return to Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing