WSBK Miller Motorsports Park USA

Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing

WSBK Miller Motorsports Park USA

Postby Strika » Tue May 31, 2011 9:43 am

Well, I just had a look at the results, as I don't have WSBK subscription...

Race 1

Checa
smrz
guintoli- all three on Ducatis
Camier-aprilia
Laverty- R1
Sykes- ZX10

Race 2

Checa
Camier
Biaggi
Laverty

Sykes 10th!

I wish we had a top level rider who could put this thing at the fucking front. It appears to be a good enough bike to do it this year, but we have a relative rookie who is fit and a top level guy who can't swing a leg over the thing!!!!! :roll:

We need a Checa, Biaggi, Haga (when he's on) or similiar to ride the fuckign things wheels off and get some results. I love my Kawasaki's, but fuck me when are they going to put it all together with a good bike, good team and good riders???? :?
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha
State: Victoria

Re: WSBK Miller Motorsports Park USA

Postby ZXR750 » Tue May 31, 2011 10:14 am

Strika wrote:Well, I just had a look at the results, as I don't have WSBK subscription...

Race 1

Checa
smrz
guintoli- all three on Ducatis
Camier-aprilia
Laverty- R1
Sykes- ZX10

Race 2

Checa
Camier
Biaggi
Laverty

Sykes 10th!

I wish we had a top level rider who could put this thing at the fucking front. It appears to be a good enough bike to do it this year, but we have a relative rookie who is fit and a top level guy who can't swing a leg over the thing!!!!! :roll:

We need a Checa, Biaggi, Haga (when he's on) or similiar to ride the fuckign things wheels off and get some results. I love my Kawasaki's, but fuck me when are they going to put it all together with a good bike, good team and good riders???? :?

Throw in Marco Malandri and then notice that most of the top riders are MotoGP rejects.

I would like to see Malandri on the Kawasaki. I think he could put it on the top step regularly.
Remember, half the people you know are below average.
Bike 93 ZXR750
05 ZRX1200
05 DRZ400
ZXR750
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZXR750
State: New South Wales

Postby Strika » Tue May 31, 2011 10:30 am

Agreed, On a decent bike, melandri is FAST! I still love his one handed Victory salute as he opposite locked his bike onto the chute at the Island all those years ago!! Stil one of the most amazing finishes I have seen in racing!!! 8)
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby MadKaw » Tue May 31, 2011 6:25 pm

Sykes Takes Top Six Finish In Opening Race
WSBK, Salt Lake City, USA, 31 May 2011
Tom Sykes moved from the third row to sixth place in race one at Miller, on a day when great progress was made between race one and race two by his fellow Kawasaki rider Joan Lascorz. In race one Sykes followed through on some strong form from the first dry qualifying session on Saturday, taking sixth in the 21-lap race, despite making a less than ideal start. He had been tenth on the grid, but dropped to 12th on lap two as he got stuck behind slower riders for a time. He recovered with determination and a cool head and was rewarded with his best finish of the year so far.

Lascorz rode manfully in race one from a starting position of 17th to claim points for 14th place, but on far from optimum machine settings he prematurely wore out his rear tyre and lost significant pace from mid-race distance onwards. He hung on to score two points.

In the second race Sykes was unlucky to get boxed in after a much better start off the line and thus had to battle to take tenth place and some more very welcome points. Lascorz was in much better shape in race two than he had been in the opener and finished 12th, with a best single lap time more than a second faster than in race one. Tom is now 13th in the championship, on 50 points, Joan is 15th, on 39.

Pedercini Team Kawasaki Superbike riders Mark Aitchison and Roby Rolfo were just out of the points in race one, and again in race two, after not finding the set-up they need to challenge at this difficult and very high altitude circuit.

Tom Sykes: “Sixth in race one was a positive result, a real improvement on last year’s efforts here. We were strong at the end of the race and set my best lap time three laps from the end, so that has certainly broken the mould. We came through from the third row and a bad start and got into the top six. In the second race we did not make any real set-up changes as we were keen not to do anything too drastic this weekend. Overall I had a lot better launch in race two but there were guys battling to the right of me, then Camier made a good strong move and unfortunately I got boxed in on turn one. The whole race was faster than race one but unfortunately I ended up in a bit of a dice with Jonathan Rea and that allowed Ayrton Badovini to catch and pass me. I am confident we can go away and make more progress and I really want to thank all the team and Kawasaki. We worked together even tighter as a team and that showed through the weekend.”

Joan Lascorz: “I think I just needed to understand the bike a bit better to make the most of its potential. The second race set-up was better. I used the same rear tyre in each race but different front tyres to make different settings and race two was much better. In the first race we destroyed the rear tyre and in the middle of the race my laps were in the 1’55s. In race two they were in the 1’50s - five seconds per lap faster! I think if it had all went well and if I had a good grid position and made good starts we could have been inside the middle of the top ten, maybe.”
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Postby Strika » Tue May 31, 2011 7:02 pm

It's dissapointing when we know the bike is actually good this year and yet the podiums are still elusive. Mind you, if Sykes can take a 6th, then imagine what Checa, biaggi or Melandri could do with it. I am just so frustrated at the last 20 years of Kawasaki race success or lack of it. They build great bikes, I have had a few and never had anything serious go wrong with them (Race bike excepting of course, as i often give it more than it should take), they go, stop and steer, especially this years model. Grrrr frustrating. It's like having Elle McPherson offer you oral sex and you can't get it up!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Return to Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing