ZX10r Wins in UK.!

Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing

ZX10r Wins in UK.!

Postby MadKaw » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:30 pm

MSS Colchester Kawasaki rider, Danny Buchan, made his racing intentions for 2011 plain last weekend by claiming the Cadwell lap record for Superstock machines on his Ninja ZX-10R.

Riding in two rounds of the BEMSEE MRO Powerbike series at the famous Lincolnshire circuit on Saturday and Sunday, the 17 year old from Basildon was soon completely at home on the 1000cc Superstock machine he will campaign at British Superbike events this year. Claiming a provisional lap record during practice, Buchan’s time put him over 2.5 seconds ahead of the second place man on the grid.

Although a record time around the 2.17 mile circuit was not at the forefront of his mind on Sunday, Buchan made light work of the previous 1m30sec record lapping confidently in under a minute and a half in the second race posting a best time of 1min29.94sec to claim the lap record and a win as strong as his victory in the previous Powerbike round on the Saturday.

In fact, such was his dominance on the new Ninja, the fledgling Superstock rider ended race two with lap times nearly four seconds faster than the second placed rider and was truly in a league of his own well ahead of MCN's Michael Neeves, a distant fifth on his fully race prepared Superstock machine.

Feeling as fresh and unfazed at the end of the event as he obviously was on the starting grid each time he lined up, Buchan is confident there is more to come from both him and his Ninja machine.

“This thing is a racing weapon”, said the graduate of Kawasaki’s own Team Green tarmac racing initiative. “To already be on this sort of pace with so much more left in terms of mods and adjustments is mega. I am enjoying every minute of it”.

Equally pleased at the news was Racing Coordinator for Kawasaki Motors UK, Ross Burridge, saying:
“This is a real line in the sand in terms of performance; and so early in the racing year too. We knew the ZX-10R was going to be a great road and track package and the numbers of riders switching to Kawasaki Ninja power is a vindication of that. Danny is learning all the time in terms of race craft, but one thing that has to be instinctive is speed and he’s certainly proved he’s got plenty of that!”

-------------

Kawasaki Motors UK Official British Superbike team, MSS Colchester Kawasaki had a fantastic start to the 2011 British Superbike Championship with both Superbike riders securing valuable points and Superstock rider Danny Buchan taking an exciting win. Stuart Easton now also holds a creditable third in the red-hot BSB series.

Brands was always going to be a tough round for the team as it was the first time they had competed with the new 2011 Ninja ZX-10R.

Having struggled in qualifying, both Superbike riders found their feet in the season opening race with Stuart Easton briefly taking the lead and nearly securing a dream podium finish.

In the second race Stuart built on his impressive first outing on the Ninja ZX-10R to take a hard fought sixth place while Gary Mason overcame his first race difficulties to finish tenth. These results see Stuart Easton leaving Brands placed third in the BSB Championship, a result the team was not expecting due to a bike which is still at an early stage in its race development, but getting stronger every outing.

Stuart Easton said, “To be honest I’m pretty shocked at our results – we had some problems over the weekend and to leave Brands in third place in the Championship is a fantastic result. The chassis on the bike isn’t quite there yet and we struggled towards the end of the race with side-grip and the front end. It’s still very early days for the team and I think this year will be about consistency, getting those points in the bag.

I’m gutted to miss out on a podium in race one but I knew that whoever was behind was close and I tried to keep them off but nearly lost the front. With a fourth and a sixth I haven’t sprayed any champagne but I’m satisfied and looking forward to Oulton, which I think will suit the bike.”

Gary Mason said, “My second race was certainly better than the first and I think we are certainly getting there. Brands isn’t a great track for us and with a new bike it’s hard to get on the pace. A few tenths here and a few there make a big difference around such a short track, but there is certainly potential.

I went faster today than I ever have around Brands and, as always, the boys worked their guts out. I’m now really looking forward to Oulton which is a rider’s circuit and one I love.”

National Superstock 1000 rider Danny Buchan took an impressive win in the Superstock 1000 race after a nail-biting final lap move. Having taken the lead on lap six of a shortened 16-lap race following a red-flag incident, Team Green academy rider Danny held off a determined challenge from second place Jason O’Halloran on the final corner to take the chequered flag.

Team mate Howie Mainwaring finished a creditable fifth place, an excellent result after a weekend marred by crashes and mechanical issues.

Danny Buchan said, “It was a bit tight in the end but we knew the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R had the pace in qualifying so it was up to me to get out there and push for the win. When I took the lead I knew that Jason O’Halloran would fight back but as soon as he did I reacted to him, kept it tight at Druids and controlled the race.

When he came by on the final lap I knew I had the power and drive out of Clearways so I could have slip-streamed him but I reacted instantly and got on the power instead. There was no way I was letting him past. There have been a few people saying I’m too young for Superstock and not aggressive enough, but now they know how it is.”

Howie Mainwaring said, “I’ve had some bad luck over the weekend, as well as a few crashes, so I’m happy to get a solid fifth place. I could have pushed harder and possibly kept up with the leading group but it’s better to get the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R home and secure points than risk another crash.”

Team owner Nick Morgan said, “This weekend started off as a bit of an unknown quantity, we hadn’t raced the latest Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R before so overall I’m really happy with the results. Stuart is third in the BSB Championship, Danny is leading the Superstock and everyone else put in strong performances.

I’ve got to give it to Danny though, a seventeen year old, first time out on the bike and he wasn’t fazed at all, even in the last corner of the last lap. As a team we always knew that Brands would be hard, it was never going to be in our top three tracks we want to go to but we are leaving with some great results, and so nearly a podium in Superbike. It’s been a hard slog, but the whole team has worked well and we are certainly confident for Oulton Park.”

See exclusive team pictures and content from Brands Hatch, plus add your own comments, on the Kawasaki News UK Facebook site.
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Re: ZX10r Wins in UK.!

Postby Wattie » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:32 pm

Hell yeaahhhh!!!
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Blurr » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:12 pm

The ball is in motion, there is bound to be more wins soon
Chariot of Fury 50cc 2stroke Race bike
Team Gumby in red
SAM & SRT Survived
Blurr
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Postby seiko1 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:37 pm

Go Jonno!!!!!!!!
:lol:
Policy - Find something simple.....and Complicate it!
seiko1

Bike: ZX14R
State: Victoria

Postby Lt-Dan » Tue May 03, 2011 2:16 pm

I saw the second BSB race on ESPN last Tuesday and was impressed with Easton's sixth place.
2004 ZX-10R Track Bike

In six days God made the heavens and earth and said it was good
On the seventh day He rested
On the eight day He made the ZX-10R and proclaimed perfection
Lt-Dan

Postby MadKaw » Tue May 03, 2011 2:49 pm

Lt-Dan wrote:I saw the second BSB race on ESPN last Tuesday and was impressed with Easton's sixth place.

He got a 2nd and a 3rd at last weekends round at Oulton Park...
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Frank » Tue May 03, 2011 3:44 pm

Bloody hell that's bigger news than the Yanks killing Osama! :shock:
GO THE BLUES
Life time member of PETA:-
PEOPLE for the EATING of TASTY ANIMALS
Member of SRT
1998 Kawasaki ZX9R Track Bike
2014 Nissan Navara
Frank
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX9R

Postby Lt-Dan » Wed May 04, 2011 10:11 pm

MadKaw™ wrote:
He got a 2nd and a 3rd at last weekends round at Oulton Park...

AWESOME!!!
2004 ZX-10R Track Bike

In six days God made the heavens and earth and said it was good
On the seventh day He rested
On the eight day He made the ZX-10R and proclaimed perfection
Lt-Dan

Postby dilligaf » Thu May 05, 2011 6:08 pm

seen the video of josh brookes bike and easton? probably would have won if not for the safety car

That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S. Thompson.
dilligaf
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z900
State: Victoria

Postby Six Addict » Fri May 06, 2011 7:59 pm

:shock:
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy
Pinchy