Kawasaki confirms 2011 line up.

Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing

Kawasaki confirms 2011 line up.

Postby MadKaw » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:42 am

2011 Kawasaki Line-Up Confirmed
Newsflash, 28 October 2010
Kawasaki has great pleasure in confirming the line-up of its factory-supported teams in both WSBK and WSS classes for the 2011 racing season. Tom Sykes will ride alongside Chris Vermeulen and Joan Lascorz essentially forming a three-man WSBK effort for KRT. The team, being run by the Paul Bird Motorsports squad once more, will be using the all-new Ninja ZX-10R.

Broc Parkes and David Salom will be running in World Supersport for the Kawasaki Provec Motocard.com team, competing on the well-proven Ninja ZX-6R.

Sykes, like Vermeulen, has been retained for the 2011 Superbike World Championship season, as part of a determined attack on the title with the new Ninja ZX-10R. He is already taking part in an extensive winter test programme, including the current track outings at Aragon in Spain. Vermeulen will start his second season with the factory Kawasaki after he finishes his rehabilitation from reconstructive surgery on his right knee. Promoted from the Supersport division, rising star Lascorz is preparing himself for his latest challenge, in the Superbike class, after several successful seasons for the Spanish rider in WSS racing.

Tom Sykes: “It’s great to be staying with Kawasaki as a manufacturer and ride for the Paul Bird team again for 2011. We have done some good work together this year and exceeded some of our expectations, so it is nice to stay with PBM Kawasaki team in what will be an important year for us all. The new bike is already showing massive potential in testing and we have a lot of sessions planned through the winter. Roll on 2011!”

Chris Vermeulen: “I am working hard to get ready for next year. Kawasaki has been great; they have stood behind me and given me great support. With three riders Kawasaki is keen to move forward and Tom did a great job on the 2010 bike at the end of the year. It is all good to see, and I have already had a close look at the new bike. It looks cool and it certainly seems to be working well already. It’s exciting and I can’t wait to get on the new bike.”

Joan Lascorz: “It’s my dream to continue my relationship with Kawasaki and now I have the chance to ride in World Superbike, on an exciting new machine. I am recovering well from the injuries I picked up in Silverstone and I am looking forward to getting on the Superbike as soon as I can. I want to say thank you to Kawasaki for the help and support and I hope to repay them with good results in my rookie year in WSBK racing.”

Paul Risbridger: World Superbike Team Manager: “I think we have a great mixture of riders, with different backgrounds, different skills, different styles and they will each bring their own approach to the new bike. I think that will not only help us develop it faster, but it should give us an edge from track-to-track. Sometimes maybe one rider will be the stronger at one circuit, then another rider will be stronger at another circuit, and so on through the year. We are very pleased with the 2011 bike and it has been performing well in testing.”

In Supersport Parkes, already confirmed as a 2011 rider for the Kawasaki Provec Motocard.com team, will be joined by Spanish rider Salom. David has much experience in this class and is thrilled to be in a factory squad with the strong recent track record enjoyed by Kawasaki.

Broc Parkes: “It’s a great feeling to be riding for Kawasaki in 2011 and we have already done good work in testing, finding new set-ups to take forward to next year. This is a great opportunity for me and both the bike and team are well proven in this class. We will be a strong package together in 2011.”

David Salom: “I'm very happy with the opportunity. I know many riders want to ride the official Ninja ZX-6R so I am a little lucky to be the one chosen. I hope my experience in World Supersport can be a good point to add to the team and next year improve my results a little. I want to say thanks to Kawasaki and Motocard.com for giving me this great opportunity.”

Guim Roda: World Supersport Team Manager: "We decided that David Salom should be the team mate for Broc next year. He has enough experience, and the correct attitude to understand the opportunity he will have. He will listen and learn to the advice offered by the team. That way he will find the maturity in his riding style to fight for the podium every race. We are all ready to go for Championship next year.”

Ichiro Yoda: KME Racing Manager: “We believe that three riders giving information inside the PBM team will speed up the process of developing the all-new Ninja ZX-10R, and help tune up the new bike’s potential very quickly! Then, obviously, we hope to be highly competitive from the very beginning of next season. For WSS, we are very happy to work with Broc Parkes, who was ex-WSB rider for us, and along with David Salom there is a big racing passion and high motivation to succeed next year. We feel confidence with them and the Provec team management to achieve our target of winning that championship.”
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Re: Kawasaki confirms 2011 line up.

Postby laidback » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:54 am

Go the green in 2011...give us something to celebrate with the new beast. :kuda:
Roady - ZRX1200R
Tracky - ZX9R F1 Team Jerry Atric

I've reached the age where 'happy hour' is a nap.
laidback
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby Frank » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:36 pm

MadKaw wrote:2011 Kawasaki Line-Up Confirmed
Newsflash, 28 October 2010

In Supersport Parkes, already confirmed as a 2011 rider for the Kawasaki Provec Motocard.com team, will be joined by Australian rider Watt. David has limited experience in this class and is thrilled to be in a factory squad with the strong recent track record enjoyed by Kawasaki.

Broc Parkes: “It’s a great feeling to be riding for Kawasaki in 2011 and we have already done good work in testing, finding new set-ups to take forward to next year. This is a great opportunity for me and both the bike and team are well proven in this class. We will be a strong package together in 2011.”

David Watt: “I'm very happy with the opportunity. I know many riders want to ride the official Ninja ZX-6R so I am a little lucky to be the one chosen. I hope my experience in World Supersport can be a good point to add to the team and next year improve my results a little. I want to say thanks to Kawasaki and Motocard.com for giving me this great opportunity.”

Guim Roda: World Supersport Team Manager: "We decided that David Watt should be the team mate for Broc next year. Although he has limited experience, he has the correct attitude to understand the opportunity he will have. He will listen and learn to the advice offered by the team. That way he will find the maturity in his riding style to fight for the podium every race. We are all ready to go for Championship next year. He was chosen after an impressive first year racing in the Australian Formula Extreme Series. He just needs to lay off of the KFC diet”

Ichiro Yoda: KME Racing Manager: “We believe that three riders giving information inside the PBM team will speed up the process of developing the all-new Ninja ZX-10R, and help tune up the new bike’s potential very quickly! Then, obviously, we hope to be highly competitive from the very beginning of next season. For WSS, we are very happy to work with Broc Parkes, who was ex-WSB rider for us, and along with David Watt there is a big racing passion and high motivation to succeed next year. We feel confidence with them and the Provec team management to achieve our target of winning that championship.”

Well done Wattie :) You seem to have gotten a ride pretty quick!
GO THE BLUES
Life time member of PETA:-
PEOPLE for the EATING of TASTY ANIMALS
Member of SRT
1998 Kawasaki ZX9R Track Bike
2014 Nissan Navara
Frank
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX9R

Postby Stace » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:47 pm

Bring on the ISLAND SUPERS :kuda:
FASTER AND FASTER Until the Thrill of Speed Over Powers the Fear of Death
Stace
Team Bolt
Team Bolt

Bike: ZX9R
State: Victoria

Postby Gosling1 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:08 pm

Should be a great meeting ! I think Team Green might do alright next year.....

8)
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby hoffy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:33 pm

Meh' ill believe it when i see it
hoffy
Team Barge
Team Barge

Bike: Z1000

Postby dilligaf » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:51 am

That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S. Thompson.
dilligaf
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z900

Postby shinya56 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:33 am

can't wait to watch chris vermeulan win races on the kawasaki :P
shinya56
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Suzuki

Postby Strika » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:19 am

hoffy V2.0 wrote:Meh' ill believe it when i see it

I am with you Hoffy. Parkes has had one good ride on a wildcard WSS Honda and not a lot since. Vermuelan is comng back from a serious injury and won't be at full pace, Sykes hasn't shown much at world level in my opinion either. Interesting times.....
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha

Postby Phil » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:38 am

Strika wrote:
hoffy V2.0 wrote:Meh' ill believe it when i see it

I am with you Hoffy. Parkes has had one good ride on a wildcard WSS Honda and not a lot since. Vermuelan is comng back from a serious injury and won't be at full pace, Sykes hasn't shown much at world level in my opinion either. Interesting times.....

You sure your not thinking of Josh Brookes with the WSS Wildcard ;) ? Brock Parkes has won several WSS races (on R6's when he was Kev's team mate) when it was alot more talent infested than it is now. There are only 5 or 6 riders capable of a win these days - Brock is one of them IMHO.

Sykes, well, he's a top 5 propect at best IMHO, Lascorz will need time to adapt from WSS but lets hope Chris the V is healed up and ready to go
Phil

2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro

HCC - Road Captain
Phil
Philthy
Philthy

Postby Six Addict » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:52 pm

Parks was dicing with laverty and lascorz and foret and sofuoglu at the end of last year, and Sykes led a wsbk race on a bike most guys couldnt get into the top 15
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy
Pinchy

Bike: Ducati

Postby MadKaw » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:10 am

and don't forget the supported teams..
Wonder how Staring will go..?

More Testing For Supported Kawasaki Teams
Newsflash, 21 January 2011
Almeria and Sepang have hosted tests for many of Kawasaki’s supported riders recently, with the Pedercini crews at Sepang and the Lorenzini by Leoni and Provec Motocard.com WSS teams riding in Spain. The Almeria tests have just been completed by Broc Parkes and David Salom, each taking another important step forward in development, with Parkes reaching a new track best for the team with a 1’37.3. Salom, despite suffering from illness and having to cut short his testing times, was almost as quick as Broc, with a 1’37.7 lap.

Fast times like these have already filled the whole team with confidence as they head to Portimao for the Infront Motorsports official tests, between 26 and 28 January.

The Spanish-based Provec Motocard.com team worked on suspension and electronics for the most part at Almeria, and also on developing a plan of work to take to the Portimao tests. Weather conditions stayed dry for all the riders at Almeria with the second day proving a bit cloudier than the first, and therefore cooler.

For the Lorenzini by Leoni teams, in WSS and Superstock, this test was a major-shakedown before the season gets underway. New signing Vittorio Iannuzzo lapped on his Ninja ZX-6R using the same settings as Fabien Foret used in WSS in 2010, before working to set the machine up for his own style. Sheridan Morais and Lorenzo Savadori explored the limits on their Superstock 1000 FIM Cup Ninja ZX-10R machinery, and found a good balance to use in real race situations.

The Pedercini riders enjoyed last week’s tests at a sweltering Sepang, with Roby Rolfo riding the Superbike version of the Ninja ZX-10R and no fewer than three Superstock riders, Bryan Staring, Marco Bussolotti and Leandro Mercado, all sharing track time.

WSBK and WSS riders are all competing in the first round of their respective championship in Australia on February 27, but a bonus for all in the Pedercini team is that Bryan Staring will also compete in the Phillip Island World Superbike race. This gives the well-respected Australian Superbike Champion the chance to shine at his home event, long before his own Superstock season starts. It will also be a real boost for the local Aussie fans to see him in action against the world’s best on home ground.

Roby Rolfo: “The whole Sepang test has been great for me. It was very important to work with my new team and I’m very happy because I found immediately a good feeling with all of them. I now feel fully part of the team. The new Kawasaki bike is at the beginning of its development, but we worked really hard on the bike here in Sepang and it’s just going to get better and better. There is still lots to be done but the outcome is already very good. Considering it’s at a very early stage of development, I think it’s a fantastic package. I’m really looking forward to next test in Phillip Island to be able to start the 2011 Superbike championship in the best possible way.”

Broc Parkes: “We got some things really worked out for this test and we went very well. We were under the team’s previous best at this track, which I think was set by Joan last year. We have improved the bike quite a bit, the whole package, and some new electronics. I think that was quite a big step to get sorted. David was a bit sick today and finished a little early, but it is great for us all that he has been really on the pace. We are working well together and I think that is important because it lets us go forward each time we ride.”

David Salom: “I am happy because the tests went well even if I felt a bit sick and had to stop a little early. We are getting faster and faster, and more consistent, which is what we need. I am really happy about the way things are going for us.”
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Bike: ZX10R

Postby Six Addict » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:56 pm

looks like everyone is clamoring to ride kawasakis!! :kuda:
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy
Pinchy

Bike: Ducati

Postby Phil » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:19 pm

Six Addict wrote:and Sykes led a wsbk race on a bike most guys couldnt get into the top 15

Yep, just goes to show how important a good qualification is, that was the round (mind you it was only one round ;) ) that he qualified on the front row from memory.

But yeah, as I said top 5 prospect - thats pretty good considering the qualityy of the SBK field this year.
Phil

2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro

HCC - Road Captain
Phil
Philthy
Philthy

Postby CrozRX » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:26 pm

Bring back Phillis I say. He was great for the green side years ago
CrozRX

Bike: ZRX