look who's back Yanagawa

Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing

look who's back Yanagawa

Postby mfzx6r » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:34 pm

Friday, 16 July 2010 13:36

The Kawasaki Racing Team has officially confirmed that Japanese rider Akira Yanagawa will step in for the injured Chris Vermeulen for round 10 of the Hannspree World Superbike Championship at Silverstone. The 39-year-old legend has a long standing history with Kawasaki, having raced in both the All-Japan Road Race and World Superbike Championships for over a decade.

From 1997 until 2001, Yanagawa had over 100 World Superbike race starts with the highlights being three race wins and a further 20 podium finishes. Akira also became the first Japanese rider to win a World Superbike race outside of his homeland, at the A1 Ring in Austria in 1997, which resulted in his best Championship position of fourth place later that same year.

Joining Britain's Tom Sykes for the teams home race, Yanagawa will bring an immense amount of experience and a much needed lift to the Kawasaki Racing Team, who have struggled for results on this side of the garage, due to the injured Chris Vermeulen.

Akira Yanagawa: "I feel sorry for Chris Vermeulen for his injury and I wish him the best of luck for his recovery, however I am very happy to help the Kawasaki Racing Team in his absence. It has been many years since I raced in World Superbikes so it will be a pleasure to be part of this series once again and attend the Silverstone event. I have a long-standing relationship with Kawasaki and the Ninja ZX-10R machine so I am sure I will fit in to the team just fine and hopefully make a good result. I am very excited to return to England and to race again in this Championship. "

Kawasaki Motor Europe Racing Manager, IchiroYoda, added: "Yanagawa-san was a natural choice for KHI and PBM when deciding who would replace Chris. Akira has been part of the Kawasaki racing family for many many years and I am sure he will put in his best efforts for the Silverstone race. He is a natural racer and is still very active and fit and will feel at home on the ZX-10R machine. We look forward to him joining us at the British Race."
Mario
'01 zx6r
klx300r
If it aint "Lime green" it must be a "Lemon"
Friends dont let friends ride Hondas

The most famous KSRC member of all...
Part of the "Fookarwe" tribe
mfzx6r
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Victoria

Re: look who's back Yanagawa

Postby TITANIUMBULLET » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:38 pm

i met akira in 1998 at philip island! he`s a great bloke and very humble. i hope he jams that zx10 on the podium!!!
2019 multi 1260 ENDUROTOURER
1972 H2 750 BLUE PRIZED POSSESION THE KING!
1974 H1E GREEN CLASSIC
3 X 72 s2 350 ALL RED
1 X 73 S2 350 BLUE
08 ZX10R WEAPON SOLD08
klx450r bush basher(sold)
05 zx10r titanium(gone)
2 X 06 ZX10r (gone)
07 zx10r track bike(gone)
06 r6 yammy track bike(gone)
TITANIUMBULLET
KSRC Member
KSRC Member