Foret back to Kawasaki - WSS

Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing

Foret back to Kawasaki - WSS

Postby MadKaw » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:08 am

Foret Back With Kawasaki - And Loving It
Newsflash, 26 January 2010
Fabien Foret will return to the Kawasaki fold with the Lorenzini by Leoni Kawasaki World Supersport squad in 2010, and the 2002 World Champion spoke to us about his joy at landing such a strong ride. Foret has every reason to be happy returning to the Kawasaki family, having won races twice before on Ninja machinery; at Misano in 2003 on a ZX-6RR operated by the Kawasaki Racing Team, and at Phillip Island in 2007 on a ZX-6R, in the GIL Kawasaki squad.

Fabien Foret: “I am very happy to have finalised a deal between Kawasaki, Lorenzini by Leoni and myself. I am sure we can manage a good job, and be one of the top runners. We will improve step-by-step, bike, team and rider, and our target is to be top five, maybe higher. Why not maybe even better than that? After only two winter tests we still have some things to do, but this is a great chance for me. We are not a full factory team, but that also means we do not have the same pressure, and we can concentrate on our season preparations.”

He continued, “I am very happy with Lorenzini by Leoni, they are a very professional Italian team, and in my opinion the bike is very good and suits me well. I have won races in WSS with Kawasaki two times in the past, and those are good memories. I think the Kawasaki is one of the best bikes in WSS now so my expectations are already high. I know Kawasaki has an official team in 2010, with Joan Lascorz and Katsuaki Fujiwara, but with my experience and fighting spirit, both my team and Kawasaki can expect to have good results from me as well.”

Vanni Lorenzini, Lorenzini by Leoni Team Manager, stated: “I’m really satisfied about our new accord with Kawasaki. It gives great satisfaction to all of us and we have a real incentive to demonstrate our new pride and passion. This is a very good project with possibilities to grow step-by-step and obtain great results. Our process has just started but, thanks to good collaboration with the Kawasaki staff, we began working together even before the legal accord was completed. This is what happens when the passion to race is much stronger than a signature on a contract.”

Lorenzini continued, “We are satisfied with the job we made in the recent tests. We have more things to try and we will give it 200% like always. The bike goes well and Fabien is very motivated. We got some important positive answers from the test last weekend and we are looking forward to our new season.”
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Re: Foret back to Kawasaki - WSS

Postby Six Addict » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:53 am

Can't be a bad thing to have an ex world champ riding a green machine!! :D
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy
Pinchy

Bike: Ducati
State: New South Wales

Postby Phil » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:11 am

Farkin commetators got a bit excited at the island in 07 - let me assure you ;) :roll: :kuda:
Phil

2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro

HCC - Road Captain
Phil
Philthy
Philthy

Postby Phil » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:12 am

Lets hope the same thing happens in 3.5 weeks :P 8)
Phil

2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro

HCC - Road Captain
Phil
Philthy
Philthy

Postby mfzx6r » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:28 am

the Frog is back ! :lol:
Mario
'01 zx6r