Vermeulen on the Kawasaki...

Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing

Re: Vermeulen on the Kawasaki...

Postby MadKaw » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:02 am

Almeria Tests Provide Positive Results For WSB Squad
Newsflash, 21 December 2009
After finishing a test at Almeria recently the Kawasaki World Superbike Racing Team made further progress in its goal of finding the optimum set-up for the Ninja ZX-10R.
Almeria Tests Provide Positive Results For WSB Squad
Chris Vermeulen had his first experience of riding at Almeria while simultaneously making improvements to his Ninja ZX-10R over two fruitful days. He said of his first taste of the Almeria layout, “Our test went well. It was good, my first time at Almeria so I was finding my way around the track again. It was the second test with all the team together and the guys are gelling well as a unit. We continued our work on from the progress we made at our Cartagena test recently; suspension adjustment and chassis, understanding what changes do what to the bike. We were also working on suspension on a faster circuit.”

Chris continued, “The bike felt quite nice and of course we still have some areas to improve. We want to work on the front of the bike to get some more feeling and feedback. But as a whole, it worked quite well. I am looking forward to testing at Jerez next because I know that circuit very well.”

Paul Risbridger, Team Manager, “We ran until about 4pm on the final day at Almeria and then it started raining but we got two good solid days out of it. No crashes and no problems, so good steady progress was made. We were chipping away at the lap times and improved them on day two. That test consolidated where we are in our development. We have a good understanding now and that’s very positive.”

A report of the team's Jerez test will follow shortly after the completion of those sessions on Tuesday 22 December
Attachments
w408h272_000000B637210AA5.JPG
w408h272_000000B637210AA5.JPG (38.51 KiB) Viewed 2302 times
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Re: Vermeulen on the Kawasaki...

Postby mfzx6r » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:22 am

No # on the bike ??
Mario
'01 zx6r
klx300r