Happy 25th Birthday to the Ninja :)

Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing

Happy 25th Birthday to the Ninja :)

Postby Colette » Fri May 22, 2009 4:47 pm

Kwaka press release:

Kawasaki Celebrates 25th Anniversary of the Ninja
ninja.JPG
ninja.JPG (69.34 KiB) Viewed 7882 times

Kawasaki is proud to announce that 2009 marks the 25th anniversary of the world famous and highly respected Ninja motorcycle. Debuting in 1984, the Ninja has continued for the last 25 years to deliver ground breaking technology and state of the art engineering, delivered in a visually stunning and highly popular package that has endeared itself to the world.

It was imperative that the first Kawasaki Ninja motorcycle was a success if the new model was to experience any sort of longevity in the marketplace. In 1984, the Ninja GPX 900R was introduced to the world and immediately the new model was recognized as something different… something special. The all new Ninja GPX 900R, featuring groundbreaking style and comfort was the fastest production motorcycle available at the time and even won itself a role as Tom Cruise’s motorcycle in the film Top Gun. The Ninja was here to stay!

One year later and Kawasaki introduces the world to an entirely new sports class category. With the release of the Ninja 600R in 1985 (or Ninja GPX 600R in Australia), the 600 sports class category was born.

1990 was to be a historic year for the Kawasaki Ninja. The Ninja ZX-11 (or Ninja ZZR1100 in Australia) is introduced to the world with an exciting new world’s first feature called Ram Air Induction. The Ninja ZX-11 was the first production motorcycle in the world to feature Ram Air Induction and the system has since become standard equipment on sports bikes throughout the world. With the speedometer going all the way up to an eye watering 320 km/h, the Ninja ZX-11 was an extremely exciting and pioneering motorcycle in 1990.

All the newest gadgets and systems however is not enough to cement a model in history unless it achieves results on the race track. The Kawasaki Ninja has accomplished that as well. Piloted by American Scott Russell, the Ninja ZXR-7 proved itself on the world’s best race tracks by winning the World Superbike Championships in 1993.

Fast forward to present day and the Kawasaki Ninja continues its heritage of ground breaking technological advancements and worldwide popularity. Released in 2008, the Ninja 250R was to bring great success to Kawasaki throughout the world. The Ninja 250R is renowned for its stunning full fairing superbike looks wrapped around a small capacity, learner friendly package. Locally the Ninja 250R won the title of the number one selling motorcycle (of any variety) in Australia in early 2009, an achievement that Kawasaki is extremely proud of.

Then in 2009 the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R is introduced, featuring the world’s first production use of Showa Big Piston Front Forks (BPF) and is widely praised the world over winning many awards and numerous tests and shootouts.

In a recently distributed letter to Kawasaki Dealerships around Australia, Hiroshi Takata, President of Kawasaki Heavy Industries, remarks on the 25th anniversary of the Ninja.
He says, “2009 marks the 25th anniversary of the birth of the original Ninja – a name synonymous with Kawasaki. From the time Kawasaki began producing motorcycles in earnest to the present day, we have introduced numerous models to the market. Many of these models helped shape the market and some even ushered in new eras in motorcycling history.”
“2009 marks the 25th anniversary of the birth of one such model, the original Ninja. For many, the name Ninja is synonymous with Kawasaki. The strong performance image associated with the name “Ninja” was not created overnight. It was fostered by multitudes of Kawasaki fans like all of you, for whom the Ninja brand holds a special meaning. As a former motorcycle engineer, that the fruit of my labour was able to have an impact on your lives is especially heart-warming for me.”
“Then, having been made President in such an auspicious year, I firmly believe it is my mission to further strengthen the Ninja brand and to introduce more models that exude a unique Kawasaki character.”
“I am sure that all of you have many great memories from your experiences with motorcycles. It is my hope that through new, life-enriching models from Kawasaki we can continue to build great memories together.”
“Kawasaki. Let the good times roll.”
To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Ninja model, a new 25th Anniversary Ninja page has been created on the Kawasaki Australia website; http://www.kawasaki.com.au The page can be accessed by a prominent link on the home page and features a comprehensive Ninja image gallery and a downloadable fold out Kawasaki motorcycle history timeline PDF. Any of these images, PDF or any additional images can be supplied on a disc upon request.
Kawasaki invites you to become acquainted with this world famous model and strongly urges all enthusiasts to test ride the current line up of Ninja motorcycles if they haven’t already done so. The Ninja ZX-14, Ninja ZX-10R, Ninja ZX-6R, Ninja 650R and Ninja 250R currently bear the Ninja name in Australia.
Kawasaki is extremely proud of the popularity and praise that has been heaped on the Ninja for the last 25 years and in this historic anniversary year, looks forward with excitement and anticipation to the next 25 years of Ninja motorcycles.
Colette
Team Cougar

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Re: Happy 25th Birthday to the Ninja :)

Postby ijuschill » Fri May 22, 2009 4:53 pm

It's time for a celebration :partyman: occasion16.gif occasion17.gif occasion18.gif
Congrats Kwaka on making it to 25 yrs young :kuda: :kuda:
08 Yellow ZX6R Aka Bumblebee

The 6 is an addiction, but Green is for life! :kuda:
ijuschill
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby marksesh » Fri May 22, 2009 5:06 pm

Whoohoo Happy birthday :kuda:
Team 4 minutes behind everyone else.
marksesh
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX12R

Postby hoffy » Fri May 22, 2009 8:25 pm

Can we get stickers made up ? !! ?? :kuda:
hoffy
Team Barge
Team Barge

Bike: Z1000

Postby Gosling1 » Fri May 22, 2009 9:53 pm

Probably should....its a once-in-a-lifetime anniversary....

And it could *not* have started with a better bike. A kwakka 9. How could it go wrong ??

I still remember the way the press went *fucking apeshit* when this bike was released. Instantly, everything else was old-hat. It went heaps faster than any 900cc bike had any right to, handled far better than just about *anything* else out of Japan, and had styling that did not go out of date for 15-odd years. An amazing bike, and still, a fair old weapon in the right hands today.....(at least the 17" front wheel models anyway..... ;) )

I reckon an anniversary sticker is an excellent idea.....

:kuda:
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby SoundGuy » Fri May 22, 2009 9:56 pm

Surely they should release a 25tth anniversary model

Surely!!!

;)
SoundGuy
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX10R

Postby Colette » Sun May 24, 2009 11:44 am

So we have 25 years of the Ninja and 10 years of KSRC...sounds like a good excuse to celebrate, to me! :kuda:
Colette
Team Cougar

Postby marksesh » Sun May 24, 2009 11:56 am

PARTY TIME woo hoo!!! I'll bring the BUNDY!!
marksesh
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby Nosferatu » Sun May 24, 2009 11:59 am

Woohoo, lets get pissed :drinkers: :partyman: !!! Pity KHI didn't have faith in their own product and their own spin and stay in MotoGP though. :(

Stickers stickers stickers :kuda: :kuda: :kuda: one can never have too many stickers :lol:
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
Nosferatu
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX10R
State: Queensland

Postby marksesh » Sun May 24, 2009 12:07 pm

Nosferatu wrote:Woohoo, lets get pissed :drinkers: :partyman: !!! Pity KHI didn't have faith in their own product and their own spin and stay in MotoGP though. :(

Stickers stickers stickers :kuda: :kuda: :kuda: one can never have too many stickers :lol:

I agree dont have enough on my bike
marksesh
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby waynemorgan » Sun May 24, 2009 3:16 pm

A 25/10 party coming up? What are the chances of Kawasaki Australia coming to that party with some goodies?? :lol:

How about a black Ninja25/KSRC10 beanie / hoody / backpack / ??? :D
I don't like the term insane - I prefer mentally hilarious!
waynemorgan
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZZR600

Postby Colette » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:33 am

Kwaka have added some archived videos and pics to the site. The video of 1983 launch of the GPz 900 at Laguna Seca is a beauty! :D

http://www.kawasaki.com.au/index.php?pa ... nniversary
Colette
Team Cougar

Postby robracer » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:59 am

hoffy wrote:Can we get stickers made up ? !! ?? :kuda:

Answer........ Yes ;) but I don't have time at the moment to do any artwork or organise them.
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Return to Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing