Green 2003 Z1000

Show us your happy snaps here

Re: Green 2003 Z1000

Postby ZedOne » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:57 pm

Gosling1 wrote::kuda: sounds good, looking forward to the pics.....

I replaced the throttle-bodies on the old Z1000 today - has made it sound heaps better :kuda: looking forward to a strop soon

8)

That's great. You will love it all over again.

Update: New Tank and Knee Pad set arrived today. Just in case other 03 Z1000 Owners are interested, I'll give a brief story.

I found this set but they only make them for the '10-14 Z1000. A few shops told me they wouldn't fit and I was wasting my time and money. Determined as I was because I couldn't find a set I liked, I took the punt. These are clear that fades to the black, so your tank colour comes through.

After a bit of pondering and a few dry positioning tests, I worked out how low near the seat it had to fit for the shape to be correct and fit. I also had to make 2 tiny incisions with a scalpel at the second rung up for it to fit around the sharp edge of the tank. These are NOT noticeable. I think it still would have fit without doing that, but I am pretty fussy and hate air bubbles. The way these show the colour through the tank with the fade of black suits the green amazingly well, and I am glad I took the chance to try it. The photos really don't do it justice how they look. The knee pads fit VERY easily and would suit just about any tank.

The set cost me $110 delivered. They are Genuine Kawasaki listed part/s. The Tank pad and knee pads are two separate items. They don't come together.

Part# 168TPT0028 Tank Pads
Part# 168TPT0029 Knee Pads

Cheers.

Kawasaki. Let The Good Times Roll
ZedOne
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: Z1000
State: South Australia

Postby Gosling1 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:36 pm

they look great :kuda: nice job
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby Chitchats » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:56 pm

Nice ride mate,

I bought mine 5 years ago with 22K on the clock,

it now has 125k on it, reliable motherfuckers.

mines got ZX6R front shocks, Yoshi slip ons and braided lines and of course a tail tidy ( its a must ), Gen 1's pull hard.

Try having a look at some bar end mirrors, they look the business, I have crg lane splitters under the grips ;)

Have fun.
Chitchats
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

State: New South Wales

Postby ZedOne » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:39 pm

Chitchats wrote:Nice ride mate,

I bought mine 5 years ago with 22K on the clock,

it now has 125k on it, reliable motherfuckers.

mines got ZX6R front shocks, Yoshi slip ons and braided lines and of course a tail tidy ( its a must ), Gen 1's pull hard.

Try having a look at some bar end mirrors, they look the business, I have crg lane splitters under the grips ;)

Have fun.

Thanks mate. Wow, you have done some k's on it. Any problems at all?

Do you have a link to some pics of you bike? I had a look but couldn't find it....

I have a tail tidy on the way, should be here real soon. I will check out the bar end mirrors, it was something I was looking at, but wasn't sure how *cough* practical they were.....I am pretty fond of the original pipes, I know they are heavy, but I like them, and mine is far from quiet, I am wondering if the previous owner has modified them, because it is pretty loud and crackle and pops a lot. mmmmm. (Nope, no leaks anywhere, checked that lol)

I have found exactly what you are saying that they pull hard, I am having a ball on this.

So, in the packaging of the set I just received, there was a key chain fob, but doesn't fit where it is suppose too. So,I thought I might as well get my monies worth and being the same shape as the top of the tank pad, I stuck it there to see what it looked like. I like how it looks, but may remove it if it doesn't grow on me some more.

Cheers.
ZedOne
Warming up
Warming up

Postby ZedOne » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:29 pm

So after a couple week wait...my tail tidy arrived from the UK. Evotech performance. Although the instructions were not all that clear, a few choice words and small tantrum, it all got together.

ZedOne
Warming up
Warming up

Postby ZedOne » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:02 pm

Bar end mirrors arrived and fitted. Love the look of it.

Very surprised at the actual practicality of the mirrors. Can see a lot more and further back than the stock.

These were off ebay, I think they were about $65 delivered. Only thing I had to do was remove the welded on ends on the bars. Just used a hacksaw and gently run it back and forth until they popped off.

:kuda:
ZedOne
Warming up
Warming up

Postby Stevojumps » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:05 pm

Nice looking bike Zed.
Stevojumps
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX12R

Postby fireyrob » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:42 pm

Yep the bar ends really suit the zed :kuda:
09 ZX6R
03 Zthou
fireyrob
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

State: New South Wales

Postby ZedOne » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:15 pm

Small update. Got sick of the big blinkers, so shopped about for a pair of led's that would suit the shape of the bike. Finally settled on these.

The bar end mirrors I purchased had a black anodised coating on them, and I grew against it, and they were fading a bit from the sun. So I hit them in some matt black plasti dip. That stuff is great, and easy to use. I figured if they got stone chips as well, I could just peel it off and coat them again.

I also had an HID kit to fit, but the 'slim line' ballasts etc were to messy to fit neatly behind the screen. I could see parts of them from the sides, and I am pretty fussy. So I upgraded the globes to Philips X-treme Vision +130%. Well, I can tell you that they are a HUGE improvement for early morning/night commute on rural highways. They are bright as flap.

Custom exhaust fab DIY...is slowly coming along. I am in no rush, so just taking my time.

8)
ZedOne
Warming up
Warming up

Postby Gosling1 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:34 pm

they are cool-looking blinkers - heh is that a Zephyr in the background ? tail-light looks kinda familiar......

the other bit of bling which we fitted to PC's Z1000 some time ago - was a clear rear LED light assembly. Lights up great with the LED's, and the clear finish updates the look from the rear a bit :kuda:

8)
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby ZedOne » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:21 pm

Gosling1 wrote:they are cool-looking blinkers - heh is that a Zephyr in the background ? tail-light looks kinda familiar......

the other bit of bling which we fitted to PC's Z1000 some time ago - was a clear rear LED light assembly. Lights up great with the LED's, and the clear finish updates the look from the rear a bit :kuda:

8)

Haha. Not much gets passed you. Yeah zeph 1100. :)
ZedOne
Warming up
Warming up

Postby ZedOne » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:30 pm

Just purchased a set of Kaneg paddock stands. Got sick of trying to work on it with just the side stand. Should be here Wednesday. $165 for the pair delivered with a set of free spools. Good stuff. :kuda:
ZedOne
Warming up
Warming up

Postby ZedOne » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:11 pm

Stands arrived and finally got a chance to assemble them.

First impressions. Great Product. Excellent quality, and quick arrival, great all around service.

Was a little scary putting it up the first time, but it is so solid I was surprised.

Going to make it a lot easier to do servicing etc now. :D

:kuda:
ZedOne
Warming up
Warming up

Postby ZedOne » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:42 pm

Bit of an update. A bit ago, I got a dirty great nail in my rear tyre, so put it on the stands, and took the wheel out. Well, it snowballed from there.

List so far:

Galfer front wavy rotors and rear as well. (Thanks Gos for the advice/help, went with some genuine ones in the end $_$ )

New front and rear tyres. Michelin Pilot Power 3's. (If anyone is interested, MCAS currently has a deal on pairs of these. I had a pair sent to me for $408)

New front and rear sprockets. Rear one is a SuperSprox Stealth Gold. And a new chain.

CNC Levers. Gold and Grey to match the bike, with Z1000 inscribed in the front.

Renthal Bar Brace (Streetfighter style) in Gold.

CNC Green Windscreen Bolts.

Currently tossing up to do braided lines or not.

Once it is all assembled, I'll get some pictures up. Still toying with an exhaust (making it) Or I have found a slip on system in the states I like VERY much, called Campbell Sidewinders. Still undecided.

Mmmmmmm new rubber :kuda:

Fingers crossed my remaining parts get here early next week, and I'll be back together on the black stuff.

Anything I've missed, that I should do while I am at this stage, please, let me know. (Within reason lol)

Let The Good Times Roll. 8)
ZedOne
Warming up
Warming up

Previous

Return to Show Off Your Ride & Photo Comp