Show us your happy snaps here
Post a reply

Re: I could've helped myself, but decided not to! ;)

Fri May 03, 2013 7:27 pm

OK, took the new girl out for a spin today. Wasn't planning on it but the internet died so I couldn't get any work done anyway.

If anyone's interested, here's my impression after a lap of the old road:
- Wow, it's tiny. For some reason even though I knew the seat height was slightly lower than my old 636, it's a 1000cc so I expected it to be bigger. Felt tiny compared to my 636 and very light compared to my Z750 (which carries the weight high too).

- I can't believe they sold this from the factory with these brakes. They're useless! I may as well hold two sneakers against the disk, it'd probably slow down quicker :shock:

- Ouch. I felt every bump. Very hard suspension, and the roads around my area have lots and lots of bumps! Was very happy I wasn't packing two balls between me and the tank, I don't know how some of you managed.

- Love, love, love being back in the sportsbike riding position. I've been missing my abdominal workouts :lol:

- I've heard so many stories about litre sportsbikes being easy to toss away on corners if you weren't careful with the throttle, so I was super gentle... Then I was a little less gentle. Then I had some fun. Wow - lots of grinning going on inside my helmet. This bike is pure raw impractical fun :D I can't wait to see what it feels like when all semblance of gentleness gets thrown out the window :twisted:

- Maybe I'm riding it wrong and have to get used to a ten, but I think mine has too many gears! I'm not sure what I was supposed to be doing with half of them. On the 636, every gear has a purpose and I was always dancing up and down the gearbox in the twisties. 1st was easy - taking off and getting to the chosen speed. 2nd was occasionally used to get to my chosen speed sedately and leisurely. 6th I used once I'd reached my chosen speed and was cruising. Not sure what I was supposed to be doing with 3rd, 4th & 5th?

And here's another pic 8)
IMG_0929.JPG
IMG_0929.JPG (105.51 KiB) Viewed 4284 times

Fri May 03, 2013 7:33 pm

That's much gooderer, looks sexy :D

Fri May 03, 2013 7:41 pm

That reminds me, I forgot to add the last point:

- This bike makes me feel oh so sexy when I'm riding her :D And invincible! (uh-oh)

Fri May 03, 2013 7:43 pm

Haha yep that About sums it up. Help i can offer in order of hurdles above.
Yep they get smaller the newer they get. Try a Gizmo, you will be stunned how small it is. ;)
Nissin brakes are worth EVERY cent. $300 should sort it.
Play with the shock or get an after market one. I may know where you can get a good one cheap;)
Fark gentle, you'll be right. Just don't hit it in second or first whilst leant over and you should be safe.
Yeah that the beaut part about big cc's. I used to do the whole old road in 5th and 6th. 1st 2nd and 3rd are only for wheelies ;). One tooth down on the front and a quick action insert are a must for the road I reckon ;)

Sat May 04, 2013 6:13 pm

Congrats Cath..Love your work.. ;)

Wed May 08, 2013 8:59 pm

Just saw this thread, nice work Cath.

And I agree with Russ $300 Should nab yiu a set of Nissin's, they rock.

Wed May 08, 2013 8:59 pm

Just saw this thread, nice work Cath.

And I agree with Russ $300 Should nab yiu a set of Nissin's, they rock.

Wed May 08, 2013 9:22 pm

New calipers are already on their way - The Lad looks after me 8)
Post a reply