The KTM RC8-R Build up - COMPLETED PICS !!!

Show us your happy snaps here

The KTM RC8-R Build up - MORE NEW PICS.. Nearly Done !! :-)

Postby StuMiller » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:05 pm

Macca,

After you sell these bikes post your build up, financially speaking without going into details, what sort of position are you in?

Just curious....

Beautiful work by the way
2007 ZX6 - Road bike
StuMiller
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R
State: Tasmania

The KTM RC8-R Build up - MORE NEW PICS.. Nearly Done !! :-)

Postby Jonnymac » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:54 pm

StuMiller wrote:Macca,

After you sell these bikes post your build up, financially speaking without going into details, what sort of position are you in?

Just curious....

Beautiful work by the way

Hmmmm I'm interested too.....
Jonnymac
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R
State: Victoria

Re: The KTM RC8-R Build up - MORE NEW PICS.. Nearly Done !!

Postby Maccarocks » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:11 pm

Hi Stu.. (and Jonny Mac..!!)

Well I have a few jobs on the go.. I have been working at Phillip Island as Track Manager for MADAZ Performance for the past 5 years.. I have been working there longer, before MADAZ came along. I love this position, get to meet great guys (like Jonny Mac ;) ), meet pro WSBK and Motogp Teams and riders (occasionally) and all the Aust SBK teams, and learn heaps about bike set up from the riders and mechanics.. it's my favourite job and my passion of course.

I started building up my bikes as a hobby, setting them up just as they should be (as I was going to be riding them) then taking them to the island to test them and get them set up. I take heaps of pics when building them up, so everyone who buys one of my bikes get's a full photo diary of what has been done. Nothing to hide. I take the bikes on the track and risk my life, so they have to be perfect. 8)

I have sold many bikes, even had bikes ordered to be built up, done registered road bikes as well. I have sold bikes even before they have been finished (like the 675 I built - it was in primer when I was testing it at the track and sold that day, of course I had it fully painted and totally finished before the hand over).. so I have built up a great reputation as an honest builder and rider. Sold bikes to QLD, a few to NSW, heaps to Vic and even 1 went to WA.

In the end I always go back to my ZX10 as that bike is my favourite and is so good. With this KTM RC8 Project, I wanted to have a go at racing in the Thunderbike series, or at least doing a couple of races, so I needed a big V-twin and I am not so into Ducati's... so the RC8 was perfect. I will most probably sell this one too in the future, but for the time being I am loving finishing it off.

Anyone interested in a KTM in the future..?? Contact Macca ;)
Maccarocks
16' - Z1000 (Road)
Too many other bikes to fit in here !!
Maccarocks
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX10R

Re: NOT a Kawasaki- The KTM Build up - MORE New Pics...!! ;-

Postby MAXUMIS » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Wattie wrote:
bjn_42 wrote:Nice work there mate, bike looks like it is coming along well.

Have you considered this paint job?

Of the KTMs I think it looks the best.

That does look good :-)

+2 8)
life starts at 200 kph!
MAXUMIS
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX12R
State: New South Wales

Postby Maccarocks » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:17 pm

Yeah I do love this colour scheme too... but I was committed to the other one (the fairings where getting painted at the time).. still it would be an easy change.. and I dont have orange wheels, so I reckon that would look even better..??
Maccarocks
16' - Z1000 (Road)
Maccarocks
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby MAXUMIS » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:18 pm

Maccarocks wrote:Hi All,

Well I got the fairings back from the shop.. all good,except I have decided to make a change and get the gloss orange made into satin like the tank and front guard.. So these pics are in the gloss at the moment.. It just doesn't look right, so another coat of satin clear will fix it.. I was going to go satin in the first place but my mistake, you live and learn hey.!! :roll: Still the finish is excellent, so an easy fix...

I am also waiting on the proper 'KTM' stickers to arrive, so the bike looks very bare at the moment, but I will post the totally finished pics when I get them on next week and the satin done as well. Also fitted the new rear sprocket today, last of the race mods... so all mods I had planned for have been done and ticked off the list. :D

Next thing I am tackling is a slipper clutch, and a quickshifter. I have decided to make this one a full on 'track / race bike', so sparing no expense here.. ;) So when I finish these mods it will be the same spec as the RC8-R model before the engine size was upgraded. Slipper Clutch ordered.. more pics coming next week...

Macca :kuda:

That also looks awsome!!
life starts at 200 kph!
MAXUMIS
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby MAXUMIS » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:22 pm

:oops:
MAXUMIS wrote:
Maccarocks wrote:Hi All,

Well I got the fairings back from the shop.. all good,except I have decided to make a change and get the gloss orange made into satin like the tank and front guard.. So these pics are in the gloss at the moment.. It just doesn't look right, so another coat of satin clear will fix it.. I was going to go satin in the first place but my mistake, you live and learn hey.!! :roll: Still the finish is excellent, so an easy fix...

I am also waiting on the proper 'KTM' stickers to arrive, so the bike looks very bare at the moment, but I will post the totally finished pics when I get them on next week and the satin done as well. Also fitted the new rear sprocket today, last of the race mods... so all mods I had planned for have been done and ticked off the list. :D

Next thing I am tackling is a slipper clutch, and a quickshifter. I have decided to make this one a full on 'track / race bike', so sparing no expense here.. ;) So when I finish these mods it will be the same spec as the RC8-R model before the engine size was upgraded. Slipper Clutch ordered.. more pics coming next week...

Macca :kuda:

That also looks awsome!!

:oops: the pics didn't come up ? this quote you did with the pic's looks vantastic!!
life starts at 200 kph!
MAXUMIS
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Maccarocks » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:34 pm

Maximus,

If you see the bike in the flesh, you can see the difference.. I am going to get a clear satin sprayed over the gloss orange only to make it the same low sheen as the tank and front guard... I know it does look good, but I am a perfectionist.. :roll:

Then I will put all the stickers on it and it will look HOT..!!

Macca
Maccarocks
16' - Z1000 (Road)
Maccarocks
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby MAXUMIS » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:51 pm

Maccarocks wrote:Maximus,

If you see the bike in the flesh, you can see the difference.. I am going to get a clear satin sprayed over the gloss orange only to make it the same low sheen as the tank and front guard... I know it does look good, but I am a perfectionist.. :roll:

Then I will put all the stickers on it and it will look HOT..!!

Macca

Macca everthing you do is great!nothing better than watching perfection at its best 8)
life starts at 200 kph!
MAXUMIS
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Maccarocks » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:11 am

Thanks Maximus...!!

Good to hear that you guys appreciate the extra work that I put into my bikes... ;)

Unfortunately there have been a few other guys trying to build up and sell track bikes, but not to the standard that they should be. As in they just buy a crashed bike from the auctions, replace a lever and a footpeg, bolt on some unpainted race glass and sell it as a 'ready to ride' track bike. No inspection, no stripping down completely.. nothing..!! :x

And so it is not unusual for us at the island to get riders coming in to 'MADAZ Performance' and asking us why their bike is not running well or feeling right on the track.. One guy in particular had just purchased a GSXR1000 from QLD, we pulled the tank off to find it had 2 major cracks in the frame... :shock: and we found this in 2 minutes... This guy was risking his life and the lives of others onthe track with a very unsafe bike. And of course we found many other faults as well.. Basically the front of the bike was about to break off... And he could do nothing about it. it is 'buyer beware' with these bikes..!! Of course he was not very happy... and we are seeing this all the time.. I dont know how these guys can sell a bike in this condition and say it was 'track ready'.. it's bullshit and they should be criminally charged..!!

That is why I take so many pics of the build up and record everything I do, plus i always ride my own bikes to get them set up right. I see many of them at the island as well.. so no shiftiness here.. 8) I have never had a buyer who was not happy with one of my bikes..

Macca
Maccarocks
16' - Z1000 (Road)
Maccarocks
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Re: The KTM RC8-R Build up - COMPLETED PICS !!!

Postby Maccarocks » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:51 am

Hi all,

Well I got the fairings back, now the Orange is satin and definitely matches much better. Stickers on (I like the less is more idea) and all the mods on my 'track bike build up' list have been ticked off. :D This bike has been a dream to work on, a very good build up, I am very happy with this bike.

I have the slipper clutch on the way from the USA, (I will post a pictorial on that as well when I fit that for anyone interested) but basically the bike will look as it is now. I still have a quickshifter on my mind, and may get one before we go back to the island on the 20th of August... see how the finances go..!! ;)

So here are a few pics of the bike, let me know what you think.. 8)

Macca
Attachments
PIC_0078.JPG
PIC_0078.JPG (109.68 KiB) Viewed 6150 times
PIC_0079.JPG
PIC_0079.JPG (101.32 KiB) Viewed 6150 times
PIC_0080.JPG
PIC_0080.JPG (103.49 KiB) Viewed 6150 times
PIC_0081.JPG
PIC_0081.JPG (99.02 KiB) Viewed 6150 times
PIC_0082.JPG
PIC_0082.JPG (134.1 KiB) Viewed 6150 times
PIC_0086.JPG
PIC_0086.JPG (104.18 KiB) Viewed 6150 times
Maccarocks
16' - Z1000 (Road)
Maccarocks
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby laidback » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:14 am

Very tasty steed Macca... 8)
BUT that stand wants to be either black or orange... :twisted:
Roady - ZRX1200R
Tracky - ZX9R F1 Team Jerry Atric

I've reached the age where 'happy hour' is a nap.
laidback
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby aardvark » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:25 am

Shit hot!
aardvark
Apprentice Post Whore :-)
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: Yamaha
State: South Australia

The KTM RC8-R Build up - COMPLETED PICS !!!

Postby Wattie » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:38 am

Nice :-)
Just needs a polish and shes good to go ;-)
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Glen » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:43 pm

Another quality product from the MacWorkshop. Well done Macca, it looks the biz. I like the less is more look, I reckon Kawasaki could take something from that.
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

PreviousNext

Return to Show Off Your Ride & Photo Comp