Switch to full style
Show us your happy snaps here
Post a reply

Vulcan VN900 Custom - Done & SOLD - SOLD - SOLD !!

Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:51 pm

Hi all,

As some of you may have read, I recently purchased a 'cruiser' :shock: just for some weekend fun. I have been doing some customising since getting it and it is starting to look the way I had imagined. Not too bad.. ;)

It's been lowered 2", Vance & Hines Pipes, Custom Performance Bafffles, Big Air Kit, (Cobra FI2000R Fuel Processor on the way), Mirrors, Relocated rear brake caliper, Chrome inserts, plus a heap of other small custom mods. Waiting on some 'iso' grips and pegs (look great and stop vibration) and an overdrive rear belt drive (chrome of course !!) then I might wrap it all up with some 'silver bullet' indicators (smaller with clear lenses) and that will finish my cruiser off...

I know it is not a sportbike, but it's still a Kawasaki and great fun to ride...!! 8) Check the new pics and let me know what you think.. and be nice..!!! :lol:

Macca... :kuda:

SOLD - SOLD - SOLD ;)
Attachments
PIC_0003%20edit.jpg
PIC_0003%20edit.jpg (76.25 KiB) Viewed 7808 times
PIC_0007.jpg
PIC_0007.jpg (59.76 KiB) Viewed 7808 times
Last edited by Maccarocks on Tue May 01, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Vulcan VN900 Custom - Getting there..!!

Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:05 pm

Reckon it would be cool to have in the stable... 8)

Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:25 am

As always mate, another quality build!! 8)

Vulcan VN900 Custom - Getting there..!!

Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:11 am

Smooth!

Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:13 pm

om nom nom!!!! ;) :kuda: My dad had a VN800 96 model and i gotta say these kwaka cruisers are nice!!! well done Macca!!! :kuda:

Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:17 pm

It's gonna look even better when I get finished with it..

Still got some more additions coming, getting rid of those big ugly indicators plus cleaning up that rear end as well...!!

It's going to look very nice when it is completed...!! ;)

Macca 8)

Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:44 pm

Looks good mate! they realy look smooth with the emblimes off them!

Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:52 pm

looks supafly! with the chrome all over

Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:52 pm

TyM2Go wrote:looks supafly! with the chrome all over

um arnt all cruiser rider's tools :lol: :lol: macca's no tool :) :)
Thinking about on myself... but im a tool :shock: :shock:

Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:53 am

most of them are i suppose but that's no reason to give the bike a bad reputation
but yeah i wouldn't mind a cruiser all though you'd look like a total retard wearing a full face helmet, dont like open face helmets they look shit and dont provide any safety for your face!

Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Certainly looks better than before, i dont mind the cruiser idea.
Good work 8)

Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:07 am

I agree totally on the open face helmets.. dont really like them at all..

I am still wearing my flat black KBC VR-2 Full face helmet with a tinted visor.. with my crusty old black (and well worn) Alpine Stars leather jacket.. It certainly looks the goods... ;) and suits the cruiser...

No open faced helmets for me...

Macca :kuda:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:03 pm

Just a quick update on the Vulcan 900 Mods..

It's pretty much completed now. I was waiting on the 'Cobra Fuel Processor' which goes with the 'Big Air Kit' and the "Vance & Hines' pipes, which has arrived and has been fitted.. so the 'Power Up' Stage-1 kit is completed.. :D I have also fitted the Kuryakan 'anti vibration' grips and footpegs, another excellent mod for the cruiser..

I have also fitted the rear overdrive pulley, which is probably the best mod I have made to this bike, now I only use 1st, 2nd and 3rd around town and even up to 80k's.. then it's 4th for 80 - 100k's easy, and 5th is for 110 - 120k's easy cruising, sitting right in the sweet spot with heaps of pull if you need it... and the pulley has corrected the speedo to be almost exact.. 8)

I am not spending much more on it at the moment, concentrating more on the interclub race season, but I will eventually swap over the larger indicators for the silver bullets, and that will be it...

Some new pic's for you...

Macca ;)
Attachments
vulcan 1.jpg
vulcan 1.jpg (70.8 KiB) Viewed 7508 times
vulcan 2.jpg
vulcan 2.jpg (75.28 KiB) Viewed 7508 times
vulcan 3.jpg
vulcan 3.jpg (82.42 KiB) Viewed 7508 times

Re: Vulcan VN900 Custom - Almost Done..!!

Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:09 am

Looking good man!

Re: Vulcan VN900 Custom - Almost Done..!!

Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:43 pm

Love it Macca just needs the rear lower, a fatter rear tyre, some H-D logo's and a spare zx10 motor shoved in it Ultimate :kuda: ( last 2 options might not be that smart)
Post a reply