Postby doobie » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:54 pm

wow.... very impressed
doobie

Bike: ZXR750
State: New South Wales

Re: Yay Finished!!! - My 1991 ZXR750 Restoration

Postby Saki » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:09 am

Thats amazing your really skilled mate! Well done :D
ZX-2R '88 -> ZX636 '06 -> ZX-9R '99 -> ZX-10R '04 -> Z1000 '03 -> ZX-10R '04 -> ZX-10R '08
Saki
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX10R
State: Western Australia

Postby Jugg_head » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:22 am

Sweet Ride. My favorite ZX of all time....excellent work
Jugg_head

State: Overseas

Postby luis kawi » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:27 am

looks amazing, job well done
luis kawi
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: It's not worth Mentioning
State: Overseas

Postby gpxpunk » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:01 pm

that is one gorgeous zx7r dude.
1987 GPX250R. memories
2002 ZX7R . sold!!!!

I want My 7r BACK!!!!!!! Grrrrrr
gpxpunk
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Don't have one

Postby bonester » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:50 pm

Looks great! Luv the J model! BTW how do you go with painting the stripes- I imagine you would get a line where one side has more paint and you get a high spot where the two colours meet. Do you colour sand them together then clear over the top? :shock:
2 X ZRX1200R 4 X ER6N, GT550, 1988 ZX-10, 4 X GPZ250R, 4 X GPZ900R and GPZ750R :) Yeah I like Kawasakis.
bonester
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Gosling1 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:23 pm

bonester wrote:Looks great! Luv the J model! BTW how do you go with painting the stripes- I imagine you would get a line where one side has more paint and you get a high spot where the two colours meet. Do you colour sand them together then clear over the top? :shock:

Bones - ProblemChild did the paintwork on this bike, and what a job !! He never gets on the forums (too busy painting bikes :lol: ) - I'll kick him in the arse and get him on this thread to give some details on his methods - the bike looks bloody fantastic in the flesh !!!

8)
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby Slow and wobbly » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:30 pm

Very nice job.
So many people begin a resto / one day I will / what if thread. Its great to see one come to fruition.
Now where did I leave all those piles of Kawasaki parts once refered to as a motorcycle....... :roll:
I got a sweater for my birthday. I realy wanted a moaner or a screamer.
Slow and wobbly
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Scooter
State: Victoria

Postby Bogan » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:01 am

bonester wrote:Looks great! Luv the J model! BTW how do you go with painting the stripes- I imagine you would get a line where one side has more paint and you get a high spot where the two colours meet. Do you colour sand them together then clear over the top? :shock:

As Gos said PC did a fantastic job on this bike, the stripes were a real PITA as the front fairing was all painted green and the rear side covers had the stripes but they were in the wrong place. Luckily the tank still had the factory paint and even after sanding and the undercoat you could still see a faint line where Mick could mask it up and follow the factory lines.

What we had to do to get the stripes on was to follow some diagrams on the Kawa parts fiche and some measurements very helpfully sent to us by Chris (EvilChris).

I guess there is a faint line where the masking was done and then removed, but after the mucho sanding and all the clear went on I can't say I've been running my fingers over it to see how pronounced the lip is if it's there at all.

For interest's sake the big blue flash on the lower fairing is a sticker, as is the blue flashes and big black sticker on the front. The stripes we had to get right are the ones on the back under the seats, the green/white line on the front side fairings and the green/white line on the front.

The front line is a poofteenth out but I don't reckon you could tell the difference unless you really knew what you were looking for/at.
Tony

I have become race...

the kid wrote:But remember one thing , Dave #3 watches videos of rampant Circus Ponies every time Cath goes down the street shopping so dont listen to anything he says . :twisted:
Bogan
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Other Kawi

Postby bishboy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:56 am

Nice choice of bike and colour scheme ;)

I'm going to (get someone else to) paint my new race fairings when they arrive, did you get the paint codes and stickers from Kawasaki? I might just paint the blue on the lower fairing. I'm not worried about measurements etc as I've got the current fairings to copy :D

Did you clear coat the fibreglass or just the tank?

84 KX250
79 KX/KLX 250 evo project
YZ465 latest project
bishboy
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Bogan » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:09 pm

bishboy wrote:Nice choice of bike and colour scheme ;)

Thanks. Not biased at all I see ;).

bishboy wrote:I'm going to (get someone else to) paint my new race fairings when they arrive, did you get the paint codes and stickers from Kawasaki? I might just paint the blue on the lower fairing. I'm not worried about measurements etc as I've got the current fairings to copy :D

Stickers I got from Kawasaki yeah, Aitkens at Liverpool look after us folks. If you paint the blue on the lower front you will save yourself quite a bit on the overall stickers cost. Paint codes I used colorrite.com to find out some info:

http://www.colorrite.com/matrix-colors. ... N=75475791

Then I just went to the local automotive paint place, they got out their bike books and I found a Pearl Alpine White and a Kawasaki Lime Green in the books (they only had one lime even though apparently they have had a few different ones over time). The blue was the only hassle, no one in Oz has codes for a "Blue #36" so I took the tank down and compared their cards (they have a hole punched in them so you can look at your colour through theirs). Found one that looked the goods and went from there. Mick still has the paint if you want me to find out more, are you going with near enough is good enough or do you want the real deal?

bishboy wrote:Did you clear coat the fibreglass or just the tank?

Everything got cleared before and after stickers.
Tony

I have become race...

the kid wrote:But remember one thing , Dave #3 watches videos of rampant Circus Ponies every time Cath goes down the street shopping so dont listen to anything he says . :twisted:
Bogan
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Troy Pearson » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:23 am

Nice fotos, i have to comment. What a weapon, she looks brilliant mate, well done!!
Troy Pearson
Warming up
Warming up

Postby Bogan » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:54 pm

Well surely it's pretty much all finished now, I just picked it up from the tuners and it's like a new bike. He's not really a magician but what he's done is pure magic.

I had wood all the way along the dual carriageway home and that was only in 4th at 7000rpm. Omfgwtfbbq it is nice.

Have to scan the dyno sheet, it only went up from 88 to 92hp atw but it is just so smooooooth now. Woot.

Long way home tomorrow here we come, I'm not sure which you'll see first my smile or my boner. Schuuuwingggg!!!!111!11!11one

I give this bike 5 Kudas.

:kuda: :kuda: :kuda: :kuda: :kuda:
Tony

I have become race...

Bogan
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Whickle » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:27 pm

LOL, it sounded a lot better when you took off....... Still has that lurvly sound.......... :kuda: :kuda: :kuda:
Whickle
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZRX

Postby L3raven » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:51 pm

mate sweet job on teh zxr very nice n ur in canberra yea?? shuld all go for a ride some time..
Pops the clutch n falls off haha!!
L3raven
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX7R
State: Western Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Show Off Your Ride & Photo Comp