MG's 2007 ZX-10R Ninja

Show us your happy snaps here

Postby TITANIUMBULLET » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:17 pm

mfzx6r wrote:and now its for sale ??

don`t think so!
2019 multi 1260 ENDUROTOURER
1972 H2 750 BLUE PRIZED POSSESION THE KING!
1974 H1E GREEN CLASSIC
3 X 72 s2 350 ALL RED
1 X 73 S2 350 BLUE
08 ZX10R WEAPON SOLD08
klx450r bush basher(sold)
05 zx10r titanium(gone)
2 X 06 ZX10r (gone)
07 zx10r track bike(gone)
06 r6 yammy track bike(gone)
TITANIUMBULLET
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Postby Loz » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:12 am

MG let me take his 10R up and down the spur yesterday. Damn that's one hell of a motorcycle.

So small, it feels like a toy after the 9R. The throttle's incredibly light and responsive without being jerky - I found myself taking a lot of the twisties in first gear with none of the on-off throttle snatch I expect from an injected bike. The only time this bike's insane power reveals itself is on big handfuls of throttle and ham-fisted gear changes with a bit of clutch, in which you can expect to lift the front a bit.

The pillion seat sinks into your arse flesh under hard throttle in a very reassuring way, and even a smooth application of the throttle in the first 3 gears can lift that front wheel with ease.

Steering this tiny bike just happens - the thing turns in with great ease and I didn't get a chance to start making it feel like the tyres or suspension were working, even riding the spur at around my normal pace. The sheer ease of riding it astounded me, given this bike's reputation as the widowmaker of the japanese superbikes. It delivers a wonderful feeling of security in the corners and under hardish braking.

Brakes were pretty much what I expected - I was more impressed with the fronts on the fireblade, but I didn't really go bananas on Kishy's bike. There was a fair amount of weight transfer to the front pulling the 10R stoppers on, although this was beautifully balanced when a little rear brake was brought into the equation. Still, the CBR1000's stopping power just blew me away, it just hunkered down and pulled up stupidly fast like an armadillo dodging a cricket ball (where did I first hear that phrase?) and nearly sucked my eyeballs out of my skull without ever feeling out of control. Maybe a couple clicks of compression on the 10R would sort that out, who knows, I'm no suspension guy.

I was surprised how controllable the 10R felt out of corners on a hard throttle. Even when the front started skipping and lifting with the bike leaned over, it felt stable and secure. I've shat myself on other bikes when the same thing happened, but I felt I could have given the 10 a lot more before it started scaring me too much.

Comfort wise, the first 10 minutes were a blast, upright enough to be comfy but a decent amount of room to move around and hang off. But this was the spur, it's a perfect road for sportsbikes. Then I got stuck behind a dirty big snake of shitty traffic, and in the 5 minutes or so it took me to get to the front of that, riding at commuting speeds between overtaking blasts, it started to get to me a bit. The ol' legs started feeling a bit cramped on the high pegs, wrists and shoulders started mildly complaining and I got the impression this wouldn't be much fun in town traffic.

Still, it's a race bike right? And in the corners, on the brakes and on the gas, it felt like a magnificent toy. So tiny and light, so responsive, so secure and yet with the potential for such evil deeds.

Very fucken impressive. Thanks big time MG for making my weekend, I owe you a beer. :grin:
Nekkid Niner.
Loz
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX9R
State: Victoria

Postby daffy67 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:14 pm

gO THE 10!!
Blue '07 ZX-10
daffy67
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

State: Queensland

Postby Duane » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:42 pm

I'd say this bloke probably works for a insurance company like RACV. Hence why he meantioned the insurance price.

The suzuki was probably a stolen & recovered but they already paid out on the user and bought it before auction
www.bromancer.com.au
Duane
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Z1000
State: Victoria

Postby MG » Tue May 15, 2007 7:26 pm

Loz wrote:MG let me take his 10R up and down the spur yesterday. Damn that's one hell of a motorcycle.

Very fucken impressive. Thanks big time MG for making my weekend, I owe you a beer. :grin:

No probs dude. Take her again next time I catch you at the Spur.

Still got the braided lines & full Micron system but havent fitted em yet.

Last weekend my brother removed the mirrors, fitted the green park lights
& made an eliminator in the workshop so he could place the plates further
back b/w the pipes and make em sit flush to the undertail.

Plates are now only visible from directly behind the bike. Image

MG
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

State: Overseas

Postby TITANIUMBULLET » Tue May 15, 2007 7:55 pm

SORRY mate, not trying to offend you but no mirrors is such a wank and not to mention extremely dangerous!!! :roll:
2019 multi 1260 ENDUROTOURER
1972 H2 750 BLUE PRIZED POSSESION THE KING!
1974 H1E GREEN CLASSIC
3 X 72 s2 350 ALL RED
1 X 73 S2 350 BLUE
08 ZX10R WEAPON SOLD08
klx450r bush basher(sold)
05 zx10r titanium(gone)
2 X 06 ZX10r (gone)
07 zx10r track bike(gone)
06 r6 yammy track bike(gone)
TITANIUMBULLET
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby robracer » Tue May 15, 2007 8:20 pm

TITANIUMBULLET wrote:SORRY mate, not trying to offend you but no mirrors is such a wank and not to mention extremely dangerous!!! :roll:

Also would that void you insurance seeing as the bike could be deemed unroadworthy without mirrors?
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R

Postby Daisy » Tue May 15, 2007 8:50 pm

TITANIUMBULLET wrote:SORRY mate, not trying to offend you but no mirrors is such a wank and not to mention extremely dangerous!!! :roll:

Yeah, but just before he gets cleaned up by some truck he didn't see coming he will still look cool. There is a bike that's just crying out for a defect notice.
dutchy wrote:White bikes are awesome :grin:
Daisy
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: GTR
State: South Australia

Postby Gosling1 » Tue May 15, 2007 9:01 pm

Daisy wrote:

Yeah, but just before he gets cleaned up by some truck he didn't see coming he will still look cool. There is a bike that's just crying out for a defect notice.

:lol: :lol: :lol: hang on a minute , won't those spiked bar-ends scare all the truckies away from old gangsta-bro ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

8)
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby Neka79 » Tue May 15, 2007 11:39 pm

yea +1 on the "mirrors are a necessary evil" band wagon...

agreed they dont look crash hot, but boy are they usefull on a bike/...
Neka
2006 Zeddy 1000
1996 VS series 2 S pak Ute
Neka79
Extreme Post Whore :-)
Extreme Post Whore :-)

Bike: Z900
State: South Australia

Postby MG » Wed May 16, 2007 2:04 am

Neka79 wrote:agreed they dont look crash hot, but boy are they usefull on a bike/...

Not on this bike matey.
MG
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby MG » Wed May 16, 2007 2:16 am

Shows me none of you's have ridden an 07 ninja in traffic before because
anyone who has will confirm they are useless so I found I was seldom
using em.

They are basically only good for looking at your sholders because thats all
you see. You are only able to see lanes on either side of you and for that I've
always used head checks instead of relying on mirrors.

You are able to see part of the lane behind you but to do so you have to
take your hand off the bar & lift your arms up.

To a lesser extent, I lane split alot, so removed em to give myself more room.

Daisy wrote:There is a bike that's just crying out for a defect notice.

As the VicRoads Vehicle Inspector said, the cops have to catch me first before
that happens. Image

Theres heaps of shit on a bike you can get a defect for which you gotta be unlucky
if ever you get done for having em on ya bike.

As long as you doing the right thing on the roads you generally have nothing to worry
about.

Last week I was actually on the way to Vicroads on Princes Hwy (crn blackburn Rd)
& the rookie pigs were pulling everyone over for breath testing. Again I had no
probs; & if worse comes to worse, its a 15min job to pop the mirrors back
on again.

I'm happy not having em. I havent been hindered in any way shape of form nor
had any 'aww shit I wish I just had my mirrors on' thoughts.

If you need ya mirrors, then yeh keep em on. Mine are useless & I dont need em.
And if I dont need something it gets ditched whether it be my mirrors or some
fella's wife I no longer feel like fucking. :wink:
MG
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby I-K » Wed May 16, 2007 2:29 am

MG wrote:Shows me none of you's have ridden an 07 ninja in traffic before because anyone who has will confirm they are useless so I found I was seldom using em.

I've test-ridden a current 10R and the mirrors were no more or less serviceable than on any other sportsbike. Looking directly behind required a quick tuck of elbow onto hip or a dip of the head to the side... again, just like on any other sportsbike, which, yet again, raises the question... what are you talking about?

You've taken your mirrors off because you want your bike to look like it belongs to a small-time suburban drug dealer. If you have an issue with people taking the piss out of that, maybe you just shouldn't publicise the fact instead of coming up with rationalisations which don't make sense.

Just a suggestion...

If I dont need something it gets ditched. :wink:

So, what do you *need* a polished headstem plug with an incorrectly-proportioned flying K on it for?
I-K
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Suzuki

Postby MG » Wed May 16, 2007 2:46 am

I-K wrote:Looking directly behind required a quick tuck of elbow onto hip or a dip of the head to the side...

Exactly what I was saying. Useless when you have to move body parts to
see anything, & more so for me than you because I'm bigger than what you
are.

So looking directly behind me is not possible. I'll repeat again in case you didnt
understand the first time.

Looking behind me is not possible.

What I can see in the mirrors I can see more with a head check.
MG
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby I-K » Wed May 16, 2007 3:10 am

MG wrote:
I-K wrote:Looking directly behind required a quick tuck of elbow onto hip or a dip of the head to the side...

Exactly what I was saying. Useless when you have to move body parts to
see anything, & more so for me than you because I'm bigger than what you are.

Forgetting for a moment your presumption (in the only photo you're likely to have seen of me, I'm wearing a bright orange jumpsuit; you can't tell how built I am from that), wouldn't having bigger muscles mean *less* effort is required to execute a movement?

Riding a bike involves constant movement of the head, arms, torso, arse, legs and feet. How hard is it to snatch glimpses at the mirrors when these routine movements unmask them?

If that doesn't work for you, how about flicking from one side of the lane to the other; left to get the right side of the lane behind into the right mirror and vice versa?

Or how about going around the sorts of gentle bends you'd find on arterial roads? That swings the lane behind out, into the field of view of the mirrors past the arms of the rider.

What I can see in the mirrors I can see more with a head check.

Ahuh. So, it's too much effort to move your elbow out of the way or to tilt your head to get a better look back through a mirror, but it's not too much effort to turn your head right around and twist your shoulders far enough to allow you to look directly behind.

Tucking an elbow in and glancing at a mirror doesn't take your eyes off the road ahead the way a headcheck does, either. That's the whole point of having mirrors; being able to see in front and behind simultaneously. Can't do that with a headcheck.

See what I mean about not coming up with rationalisations which don't make sense? You keep trying to come up with reasons for why you're special and why it's no disadvantage for you to ride around without mirrors on your bike, and it takes no effort at all to show the holes in your reasoning.

First, you tried claiming the design of your bike makes the mirrors extra-inconvenient to use. That didn't stack up.

Then, you tried using your build as an excuse, but you ended up making it look like that's a problem for you just because your riding technique sucks.

I'm starting to develop a morbid curiosity about which direction this hole might start to get dug in next...
I-K
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Suzuki

PreviousNext

Return to Show Off Your Ride & Photo Comp