My ZX9R - The evolution (USD forks are on!)

Show us your happy snaps here

Postby Neka79 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:30 pm

NinjaMoses wrote:
Phil wrote:good stuff, glad to see mine isnt the only well used 9 that still pumps out good hp. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

mine was also done on a dyno dynamics dyno at the ksrc dyno day - pumping out 131 hp with the original clutch, worn chain and sprockets and only the akra full system. mine had 106K at that stage, over 110 K now :wink:

they are a mighty fine bike.

when does the front end go on :?: thats what i'm keen to see :wink:

Yep pretty sure mine is the original clutch as well! And the sprockets on it are like 60,000km old (dont ask - bad advice by a mechanic :P) and well overdue for replacement! Will be getting a nice 520 chain kit for it soon which should hopefully unleash a few more ponies at the rear wheel.

Front end transformation was meant to be happening today but unfortunately the guy doing the work for me wont be back in town till the 20th now so will have to wait a bit longer. Cant wait!

Damn I thought I might catch you up in the kilometres department but I think you clock up just as many as I do!

dont do it!!...i wouldnt go to a 520 chain...i DID on my 929 and it got chewed up REAL quick...great for racing, but being so light/weak they dont last so long....

bike looks good tho...kinda like a milf....
Neka
2006 Zeddy 1000
1996 VS series 2 S pak Ute
Neka79
Extreme Post Whore :-)

Bike: Z900
State: South Australia

Postby NinjaMoses » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:36 pm

Dropped the bike off this arvo to do the guy doing the front end swap for me. Initial signs look good, hopefully wont have to do a stem swap even and it may just bolt right up as is. Few little hurdles identified so far are.... Steering stops need to moved (opposite side compared to the ZX9 forks), and the forks are around 20mm shorter hence will require a stepped top yoke to keep the same ride height.

Off set of the ZX6 triple clamps is also about 8mm less then the ZX9 ones, but thankfully the ZX9 has plenty of clearance to the radiator etc as it is so apart from sharper steering it shouldnt cause to many hassles.

Cant frieking wait to get it back in a few days time! :wink:
NinjaMoses
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby seraph » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:09 pm

awesome read :D what year is the bike? and where can I get one of those kick arse devil pipes for my 6 :twisted: -J.
seraph
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX12R
State: Queensland

Postby Gosling1 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:00 pm

NinjaMoses wrote:...... as soon as I saw the outlet size I had to have it because of that alone :lol:

sounds like what Mina said the first time he saw Neka's date !!!

NM - great story mate, the evolution of your scooter has been well captured. As they say around the Nasho......You gotta Luv a Nine !!!!

8)
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

State: ACT

Postby jpbikeboy » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:52 pm

I think we have the king of mods!! :lol: The only thing better than a mod'd kwaka are a couple of blonde lesb......... oh yeah a bike forum..
Bikes make the world go round.
jpbikeboy
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby NinjaMoses » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:06 pm

Alright another little update on the front end swap.
The forks are in!! And the wheel is in also. The brakes lined up perfectly like expected (thanks to those who took some measurements for me a few months ago). The forks are wider then the old ZX9R ones so a longer axle and a few spacers were needed. Thankfully a stem swap wasnt required to fit the forks, just a few spacers also.

He is currently machining a new stepped billet top clamp which will allow the bike to remain at the standard ride height since the ZX6 forks are a fair bit shorter. Unfortunately this will jack the price up a bit due to the amount of work involved but it was necessary and should look shit hot as well :wink:

The ZX9 bars werent going to work cause the new forks are a larger diameter so I dropped off some new 50mm clip-ons, braided lines, bar ends and harris grips to him last night also.

Unfortunately my beautiful GCC ZX9 carbon front guard isnt going to work with the new forks without a lot of effort hence I have ordered a standard green 2005 ZX6R one this morning (was only $140 brand new suprisingly).

Thats all for now :)

seraph wrote:awesome read :D what year is the bike? and where can I get one of those kick arse devil pipes for my 6 :twisted: -J.

Its a 98 model mate :)
I believe there is only 1 or 2 devil importers in Australia, and the one I got it off has since stopped doing it. So not sure where you could get one sorry dude :(
NinjaMoses
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby NinjaMoses » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:01 pm

Another update, unfortunately with not good news this time.

Due to the 05 ZX6 using a weird arse sized top yoke nut (I believe its 28mm) there isnt a single one available here in Perth from any of the wreckers etc, hence he couldnt get it finished today. One has been ordered but it wont be here for a few days.

The bad news is he flies back out tomorrow (works away) and wont be back until the 22nd of November :(

So Im going to be without my baby for almost another whole month!

Oh well shit happens I guess. Will try and get a photo of it tomorrow morning if I head out there to drop the new front guard off.
NinjaMoses
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Neka79 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:20 pm

NinjaMoses wrote:Another update, unfortunately with not good news this time.

Due to the 05 ZX6 using a weird arse sized top yoke nut (I believe its 28mm) there isnt a single one available here in Perth from any of the wreckers etc, hence he couldnt get it finished today. One has been ordered but it wont be here for a few days.

The bad news is he flies back out tomorrow (works away) and wont be back until the 22nd of November :(

So Im going to be without my baby for almost another whole month!

Oh well shit happens I guess. Will try and get a photo of it tomorrow morning if I head out there to drop the new front guard off.

awww pisser dude..that bites a big cheesy one...

ill be back on the road a few days after u tho..so its not that far away...
Neka
2006 Zeddy 1000
1996 VS series 2 S pak Ute
Neka79

State: South Australia

Postby MG » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:25 am

Last edited by MG on Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
MG
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX10R
State: Overseas

Postby NinjaMoses » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:48 pm

2 weeks have passed, thankfully only another 12 days to go.
Have been riding around on the better halfs little ZXR250 (at least its a kawasaki I guess).

My brand spankers 05 ZX6 front fender just rocked up today. Only $140 brand new which I thought was a pretty good deal. Really wish I could keep my GCC carbon ZX9 one but the mounting points are just totally different on it. Bugger!
NinjaMoses
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby MG » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:04 pm

NinjaMoses wrote:Really wish I could keep my GCC carbon ZX9 one but the mounting points are just totally different on it. Bugger!

Putting em on Ebay?
MG
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

State: Overseas

Postby NinjaMoses » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:33 pm

My engineer guy is finally back in town again so I dropped off the new front fender to him yesterday and snapped a dodgy pic using the mobile phone while I was there. Not all that much left to do on it now. :wink:

Should have it back by Thursday at the latest :)

CRG levers and wave brake discs will be coming early next year. :wink:
NinjaMoses
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby NinjaMoses » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:39 pm

After being without my baby for over 2 months I finally picked her up earlier today with her new USD front end. **Massive** thanks to Gav at GD Engineering here in Perth. His work is absolutely second to none. The new front end looks better then I ever imagined and the bike rides like a dream (not to mention the front brakes are eleventy billion times better!).

Absolutely stoked with the end result. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

NinjaMoses
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Wattie » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:47 pm

looks awesome mate! well done!!!
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

State: New South Wales

Postby I-K » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:53 pm

Sooooo... what are you doing with the stock front end now? :)
I-K
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Suzuki
State: New South Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Show Off Your Ride & Photo Comp