Newbie sayin G'day

New to KSRC? Then why not tell us about yourself and your bike.

Newbie sayin G'day

Postby OldDog » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:35 am

G'day Everyone,
I'm Bill and I joined up a few weeks ago and have been lurking a bit since, thought it was about time I posted up a hello. Most people simply refer to me as OD.

I've been riding and building bikes for a long time, I'm pretty much a Kawi-phile although I'm not racist :D . I currently have a shed full of bikes, a stock 2014 ZX14R, a KTM 950 Adventure, a '66 model Norton 750cc Atlas, and under construction a turbo charged CBX1000, plus various remains of 2 stroke dirt bikes and Desmo Ducati's. I usually do a 50/50 split of road vs offroad riding although right now I seem to be in more of a construction phase which i'll have to shake off before summer ends.
I've built a fair few bikes over the years from the CBX in its original twin turbo format back in the 80's to a nitrous injected ZX12 and a Ducati monster I turned into a dirt bike.

Plans for the future will be taking the 14 down to the salt in a few years time to see how fast I can go with a standard motor. I spent three years getting around 200hp from the zx12, now you can just go and buy that off the showroom floor...sigh...progress.
Another thing I do a bit of are charity rides, most years I do the Scrapheap Adventure Ride, which is to raise money for Downs Syndrome NSW. The plan is to buy a bike for less than a grand, get it going and ride to a predetermined point. This year is going to be at Tilpa, and I'm looking at a GPz1100B1 for the job. It's damn rough, but I'm hoping that the brains trust here can help me get the thing running.

Cheers

Bill
OldDog

Bike: ZX14R
State: New South Wales

Re: Newbie sayin G'day

Postby Wattie » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:56 am

Welcome aboard
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455