Switch to full style
New to KSRC? Then why not tell us about yourself and your bike.
Post a reply

Hi from Newcastle

Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:57 pm

Hey fellas,

Thought I'd say a quick hello.

I'm Mark, from Newcastle, NSW. I bought myself a C2 a few months ago and have been pottering away with a few jobs. Previous bikes were a ZXR750 and a ZZR250, so I'm happy with Kawasakis. The ZX9 is a lot more comfortable than the ZXR and whilst it was a good while between bikes the ZX9 feels like it picks up faster and you notice the weight difference - seems a little easier to flick around.

I'm bit of a home mechanic and have a Subaru Legacy BE5 that I work on. Both the car and the bike aren't the newest kids on the block, but I love them both and cheap cars and bikes make for cheaper used parts and less stress when working on it yourself.

I've been on zx-9r.net for a while and been keeping a thread of the work I've been up to.
http://www.zx-9r.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=62948

Looks like a good community over here too. Nice to have a local club - zx-9r.net is 99% UK riders who are just starting to pack up their bikes for the winter!
Mark

I can't seem to upload pics or send PMs. I looked around through the FAQs but couldn't find anything - hopefully first post unlocks!

Re: Hi from Newcastle

Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:43 am

Welcome aboard! There's either a minimum number of posts, or moderator approval of you before pics will post. Sorry can't remember which. It'll happen soon enough lol. Nice bike, I've had my C1 for 8 or so years and haven't found anything suitable to replace it with yet lol.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:52 am

Rebuilt a C1 from a wreck for £900 before I left the UK in 2010.
Awesome bike and miss it to this day!

Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:54 am

welcome Mark, im from Morisset, might see you round the area :) i ride a black ZX7R
Post a reply