Hi from Newcastle

New to KSRC? Then why not tell us about yourself and your bike.

Hi from Newcastle

Postby cowie165 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:57 pm

Hey fellas,

Thought I'd say a quick hello.

I'm Mark, from Newcastle, NSW. I bought myself a C2 a few months ago and have been pottering away with a few jobs. Previous bikes were a ZXR750 and a ZZR250, so I'm happy with Kawasakis. The ZX9 is a lot more comfortable than the ZXR and whilst it was a good while between bikes the ZX9 feels like it picks up faster and you notice the weight difference - seems a little easier to flick around.

I'm bit of a home mechanic and have a Subaru Legacy BE5 that I work on. Both the car and the bike aren't the newest kids on the block, but I love them both and cheap cars and bikes make for cheaper used parts and less stress when working on it yourself.

I've been on zx-9r.net for a while and been keeping a thread of the work I've been up to.
http://www.zx-9r.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=62948

Looks like a good community over here too. Nice to have a local club - zx-9r.net is 99% UK riders who are just starting to pack up their bikes for the winter!
Mark

I can't seem to upload pics or send PMs. I looked around through the FAQs but couldn't find anything - hopefully first post unlocks!
cowie165

Bike: ZX9R
State: New South Wales

Re: Hi from Newcastle

Postby Jl4043 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:43 am

Welcome aboard! There's either a minimum number of posts, or moderator approval of you before pics will post. Sorry can't remember which. It'll happen soon enough lol. Nice bike, I've had my C1 for 8 or so years and haven't found anything suitable to replace it with yet lol.
Jl4043

Bike: ZX9R
State: Victoria

Postby JimZXR » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:52 am

Rebuilt a C1 from a wreck for £900 before I left the UK in 2010.
Awesome bike and miss it to this day!
Road, Sky, Road, Sky, Road..... Ambulance

1993 ZXR750 Track Bike
1994 ZXR750 Ongoing project
JimZXR
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZXR750

Postby ZX_Menace » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:54 am

welcome Mark, im from Morisset, might see you round the area :) i ride a black ZX7R
ZX_Menace

Bike: ZX7R

Return to Introductions