New Kawasaki Rider - Melb

New to KSRC? Then why not tell us about yourself and your bike.

New Kawasaki Rider - Melb

Postby Malicioso » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:17 pm

Hey guys! :kuda:

Name is Walter but my mates call me by my middle name of Alex, I'm a 30 year old Mechanical Designer and reside in the SE of Melbourne.

I have been riding for just over 2yrs and previously owned a 2013 Yamaha FZ6R LAMS, which I got to buy new from Peter Stevens. After about a year and a half and 14,000kms later I had totally out grown the bike and just couldn't wait for my restricted license to expire so I could upgrade. I looked around at many other bikes (mainly 675s, 750s and 848s), and then the decision came to get a 1000cc bike!!!

The influence to get a litre bike came from my older brother, who I have ridden with up to the mountains many times, he like myself loves acceleration and handling (he rides a 2014 ZX14R), and suggested I'd get a ZX10R or something similar like an R1 or if budget permits get an S1000 RR.

Weeks went by and after looking and test riding other bikes, I had put a deposit on an L0 GSX-R 1000... :oops:

Days later a 2012 ZX10R I had my eyes on dropped in price, it ticked all the boxes and I just knew I had to go have a look!!!
Long story short, I took the Kawa for a test ride and it was love at first sight and ride lol I loved everything about it, the seating position, the sound, the handling, so I got my deposit back off the GSX-R and put a deposit on the Kawa!!! :D

Sooo as we speak I'm making arrangements to go pick it up tomorrow and I just can't wait!!!

Pics:

It is a 2012 ABS model with just over 8,000kms, and has an carbon M4 street slayer slip on, Evo Tech sliders, tail tidy, shorty levers, Hot Bodies tinted screen and managed to get a deal on it and got RWC and full 12month rego plus new tyres!!!

I'll definitely have to spend the next little while getting used to it, since my last bike had no were close to this much power!!!
Plans are to keep it the way it is for now and maybe later down the track do a couple other mods, like having it tuned and maybe a short shifter added, but for now it is plenty as is.

Anyways thought I'd share my story and say G'day and hope to meet some of you in the near future ;)

Walter
Malicioso

Bike: ZX10R
State: Victoria

Re: New Kawasaki Rider - Melb

Postby Wattie » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:05 am

Welcome mate.
Nice rig, get out and enjoy it
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

State: New South Wales

Postby Stevojumps » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:24 am

Welcome Alex, Nice ride mate. Enjoy.
Stevojumps
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX12R
State: South Australia

Postby Jonnymac » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:58 am

Welcome mate,

Look forward to seeing you down at the track.
Jonnymac
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R

Postby Malicioso » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:34 am

Thanks for the welcomes guys!

Yes definitely see you at the track I just have to get familiar with the bike first ;)
Malicioso

Return to Introductions