newbie -vmd

New to KSRC? Then why not tell us about yourself and your bike.

newbie -vmd

Postby vmd » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:32 pm

Well I have to start by saying I'm impressed with this site. I have found it interesting, helpful and entertaining so far.
About me, I'm not new to bikes or Kawasaki, but I recently changed two into one and love my preloved black ZR750J (why is it that all 750 kawas seem to identified as Z750?) I picked my nom de pen as 'vmd' just as a little blast from the past, I wonder if it jogs anyone's memory.
While the previous owner has looked after the bike extremely well, I have been busy putting my own stamp on it. It came with quite a few mods, Staintune, Ventura rack and bag, mini led indicators, altered rear rego and indicator set up, Tag alloy h'bars but I have changed it all back to original except the Staintune. The indicators were just too busy and close in (i've read the post about flasher freq etc.) I fitted a Givi topbox I had lying around using the Ventura rack and I can now use either the bag or the box, tidied up the rear by putting back to standard and gone back to original h'bars minus the internal weights. I notice no difference in vibration until highly illegal speed. The TAG bars were lower, wider, and did not come back as far as the original which made them feel strange and less comfortable, they were nice and light though.
Originally from Great Ocean Road country I now reside in Paynesville in the Gippsland Lakes area, a stones throw from the Omeo Highway often checked out by interstaters on the way to Phillilp Island.
Right now I need some terminal strip to reconnect the indicators and rego plate light, previous owner snipped the wires right at the globes and made it a bit of work to restore, but it's Bairnsdale/Melbourne Cup day and almost everything is closed so I'm grounded till tomorrow! Stay upright!
vmd

Bike: Z750
State: Victoria

Re: newbie -vmd

Postby Rikodeine » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:08 pm

welcome and be free.
Rikodeine

Bike: ZX6R
State: South Australia

Re: newbie -vmd

Postby greenmeanie » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:54 am

Welcome to KSRC. :)