Hello everyone.

New to KSRC? Then why not tell us about yourself and your bike.

Re: Hello everyone.

Postby smithy5 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:59 am

olcoop wrote:Any ideas on a good track ride day or riding course that's not too competitive to help me get used to my new "beast?"

I assume your out Mudgee way, so just ride as much as possible. Also keep an eye on the ride section here, some of the Bathurst guys put up rides, as do some of the Western Sydney guys........

For something more professional, you could start with the Intermediate course at Eastern Creek with Stayupright.
http://www.stayupright.com.au/nsw.htm
2013 Triumph Thunderbird 1700 Storm
Suzuki 1300 LillBusa Ute
Serviced by Allfixed Automotive Castle Hill PH: (02) 9634 1455
SRT Survivor & Oficial Photographer
smithy5
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Scooter
State: New South Wales

Postby olcoop » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:41 am

Thx Smithy.
I'll do just that. I bought one of my boys that Stay Upright course for his 21st last year. He learnt heaps and had a great time too so I did have that in mind when I asked the question. It's good to know other people recommend it.
olcoop
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX14R

Postby Andy2613 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:08 pm

Welcome aboard mate :D myself & a few of the guys from work often head out thru Bathurst, Kelso, Mudgee & back to Orange you'll be welcome to join in anytime the more the better :kuda:
It's better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Andy2613
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX9R

Postby Six Addict » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:25 pm

olcoop wrote:Thx for all of the "Giddays."
This must the friendliest forum in cyberspace!

bit early to judge that yet ;)
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy
Pinchy

Bike: Ducati

Postby olcoop » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:02 pm

Andy2613 wrote:Welcome aboard mate :D myself & a few of the guys from work often head out thru Bathurst, Kelso, Mudgee & back to Orange you'll be welcome to join in anytime the more the better :kuda:

Hi Andy.
I'd love to tag along on one of the rides one day.
Let me know when you're out and about next and I'll organise to have the day off.
Cheers.
Dave
olcoop
Warming up
Warming up

Postby Andy2613 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

No prob was going to go today or tomorrow but stuffed up my ankle at work the other day and have been grounded can't get my foot into boot :( work's overrated :kuda:
Photo0039 (1).jpg
Photo0039 (1).jpg (39.38 KiB) Viewed 6710 times
It's better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Andy2613
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX9R

Postby robracer » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:38 pm

Might be time to ditch the Japanese safety boots :shock: & get some heavy duty fark off boots
Attachments
thongs3.jpg
thongs3.jpg (102.04 KiB) Viewed 6707 times
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R

Postby Strika » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:46 pm

I did a similiar thing in about 1990. I had a head on collision with a car, which ripped the right hand footpeg and the fuffler off my GSXR11. Naturally, as my foot was with the footpeg at the time, it ended up pretty grumpy. I actually broke three of the bones on the top of my foot and had it in plaster. Problem was, I had a weekend away in the snowies booked on the first weekend and a Phillip Island track day the next weekend. So, I went and bought a 2nd hand pair of boots which were a couple of sizes too big and just used the right boot, with my normal boots on the other foot.........true story....but it gets more incredulous..........but I have pics as proof!! And a vid somewhere too!!!

So, I go off on the long weekend away in the snowies. About two hours into the run, I am in screaming pain and my ankle will not hold the foot flat on the peg. It keeps sagging down and dragging on the ground in right handers......fucking ouch it was let me tell you........... So, one of my genius mates, pulls up at a wreckers, finds some scrap metal and wire, being some heavy gauge fencing wire and a car exhaust heat shield.......... He wires the brake pedal to the frame rail so it won't depress, wires the heat shield to the footpeg and brake pedal and Voila.......Harley style running board for my GSXR11!!! :lol: My crutches slotted neatly onto the bike, with the tips sitting on the crankcases and the handles ockie strapped to the HUGE gearsack rack that was the norm of the day. 8) So there I was, riding in the snowies with all my mates, having to stop in gear and drop the side stand all in one go whenever we stopped anywhere. But it was fun.....

Then, the next weekend, I did the track day! The scrutineers were not all that happy with my bike, so I removed all the shit, had it passed and then went and put it all back on again!! :lol: Did my track day and still managed 1'50"s on the old girl!!! Those old GSXR11's sure had some clearance!!! :twisted:

Proof attached.....
Attachments
marty.JPG
marty.JPG (27.38 KiB) Viewed 6707 times
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha
State: Victoria

Postby tim » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:13 pm

Welcome coop :kuda: Come to the chrissie track day at EC see track days section
2008 ZX6R Special Edition
tim
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R

Postby olcoop » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:57 am

tim wrote:Welcome coop :kuda: Come to the chrissie track day at EC see track days section

Good idea Tim.
I'll be there. I just put my name down for the Trakdaze group booking. My son is coming too. He'll be on his GSXR600.
I hope to get lots of miles under my belt between now and then. I don't wanna be the slowest 14 to ever lap EC!
olcoop
Warming up
Warming up

Postby kaneg » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:38 am

Hey coop, welcome mate to KSRC, 8)

Did you know that it was a prerequisite on this forum to have a Dave somewhere in your name? :kuda:
kaneg
KSRC SPONSOR
KSRC SPONSOR

Bike: Suzuki

Postby olcoop » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:53 am

kaneg wrote:Hey coop, welcome mate to KSRC, 8)

Did you know that it was a prerequisite on this forum to have a Dave somewhere in your name? :kuda:

Umm, yes, I did know that. That's why I changed my name from "the artist formally known as Prince" before I joined up!
olcoop
Warming up
Warming up

Postby greg » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:50 pm

Giday & Welcome mate :kuda: :kuda: That 14 you have is a beast...good one....Took test ride on 14 couple of weeks ago.....nice :P :P :P but just can't seem to part from the 12r 8) 8)
greg
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX10R

Postby laidback » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:36 pm

Just missed a great day at Marulan but then again it's probably a bit small for a 14... :shock:

although a well known 12 rider that lurks about here got his knee down there... :twisted:

There is a ride coming up to Gingers Creek that may be of interest. :kuda:
Roady - ZRX1200R
Tracky - ZX9R F1 Team Jerry Atric

I've reached the age where 'happy hour' is a nap.
laidback
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby olcoop » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:54 am

Hmmm. Gingers Creek. That sounds like fun. I'll come along to that one if I can fit it in. When is it?
olcoop
Warming up
Warming up

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions