Please allow me to introduce myself...

New to KSRC? Then why not tell us about yourself and your bike.

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Postby felixxr6turbo » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:47 pm

Im a man of wealth and taste...

Hi all,

I'm one of those cagey's at the moment, but hope soon to be on a bike. In Brisbane and am looking to start riding... Completely new to bikes, but very keen. Currently driving a 340kw turbo 6cyl, but are more than happy to start and the smaller end of the cc bike scale.

Looking at the new Kawasaki 250R, just love the look of this bike, for a 250cc. Hope to get some ideas from here about the bike, Kawasaki as a brand and any help on getting my license.

Thanks

Felix
felixxr6turbo

Bike: Suzuki
State: Queensland

Re: Please allow me to introduce myself...

Postby brendanzxr » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:52 pm

welcome dude, we can help ya any time. ;)
brendanzxr

Postby shinnynoggon » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:55 pm

welcome
live when i'm alive, sleep when i'm dead
zx12r 05 roady "black betty"
zx12r 00 roady "midori"
zx9r 99 tracky "weed"
zxr750 93 soon to be race bike "cactis"
shinnynoggon
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX12R
State: New South Wales

Postby Six Addict » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:58 pm

hey felix!

good to see ur drivin a ford!!! gotta love and XR6T!!!

ive got meself a ninja 250... its a tops bike and plenty quick enough for a learner!!! im in NSW so cant really help you with what u need to do to get a bike licence in the banana bender state... im sure some people will be along shortly in that regards

in terms of kawasaki the brand, they are the 4th biggest of the jap makes (honda, kawasaki, suzuki and yamaha) sales wise but we all know its the coolest!!! ;) plenty of bikes to graduate too like the naked Z750/Z1000 or any of the current or past ninja models (6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14) or maybe even a ZRX1200 ;) (gee kawasaki should employ me!!!)

im sure you'll find much useful information here as well as useless information, both are equally important ;)

cheers

Owen
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy
Pinchy

Bike: Ducati

Postby triway » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:05 pm

felixxr6turbo wrote: Currently driving a 340kw turbo 6cyl, .....
At the wheels? In the past I had a XR6T ute with 328kw atw. God I miss it........ :(
www.techspec-aus.com.au
www.trackdaypro.com.au
triway
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Victoria

Postby felixxr6turbo » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:26 pm

triway wrote:At the wheels? In the past I had a XR6T ute with 328kw atw. God I miss it........ :(

Nah just under 300 at the wheels, dont say you miss it! Thats all I need to hear :shock:

Thanks for the welcomes, I'm getting out of the T as I'm spending sooooo much money on it each month, just by basic numbers I should be saving about $700 a month going to a bike. Hopefully I can still have fun on it to.

So Owen you love your 250? I've already looked at mods if I did get one, I just cant help myself :oops: I am also looking at RS125, VTR250 amongst others. The green team is winning by far.

As far as getting my licence goes I was thinking about getting my L's and then getting some lessons just to see if this is definitly something I want to do. Then go and take my test with a Qride mob instead of DoT.

Felix
felixxr6turbo

Postby Blurr » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:18 pm

welcome and remember its all about power to weight
Chariot of Fury 50cc 2stroke Race bike
Team Gumby in red
SAM & SRT Survived
Blurr
Apprentice Post Whore :-)
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: ZX10R

Postby Six Addict » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:22 pm

yes i love the bike.... with a bit of a re-jet of the carbs and some arebox mods, you should see a 5 or 6kW gain after you get a full system from two brothers racing or yoshimura and a session on a dyno.

ive just got and end can on order as im not really searching for extra horsepower...just better looks and a better sound (for your info im a newly fully licenced rider and i baught the bike knowing full well id be riding it on my full licence)

if u wanted to go down the modding line the aprilia would prolly be the better bet as there are 160cc bore kits available and many ohter mods... but it is basically a 125cc race bike.... the kawa and vtr are much more based on road bikes and will be more comfortable to ride, cheaper to service and no doubt serve you well until you feel the need for more power (im guessing this will be fairly soon)...

definitely a god idea to start with something little horsepower so your not a temporary citizen ;)

Owen

the ninja 250s will go plenty quick if you know how to steer em ;)
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy
Pinchy

Bike: Ducati

Postby felixxr6turbo » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:47 pm

Yeah power to weight is where its at... plus being able to afford filling the tank with fuel :shock: Even the little 250cc has a power to weight just under that of my ute! Guess it cant smoke them up at 80 tho ;)

I've heard lots of bad things about the RS125 as a daily bike, CBR250RR ares common as, and I'm not to hot on most of the other 250's. The Kawasaki is stunning for a 250cc. I was thinking of only a couple of mods, nothing nuts... just some things to make it different. Exhaust, either slip on or full (Area P, Two brothers, yoshi), Werkes fender thingy, different front sprocket? HID light, some sexy silver wheel ebay bling :P

But first things first, gonna go chat to some bike shops this week, see pro honda boys about some training, then go from there. Oh then shake the money tree.

Felix
felixxr6turbo

Postby robracer » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:14 am

Welcome Felix looks like you are heading in the right direction with the little ninja as a starting base ;)
As for
felixxr6turbo wrote: Guess it cant smoke them up at 80 tho ;) Felix
if you feel inclined then go for it, I would rather not be around to clean up the mess after it all goes pearshaped.

felixxr6turbo wrote:I've heard lots of bad things about the RS125
you would be correct here, they are a race bike replica in more ways than you can think, Uncomfortable, really bad takeoff from the lights, Super expensive for parts & you will need LOTSA PARTS :lol:, they have the unaproachable zinngy SMALL 2 stroke buzz from the exhaust, 1 word YUCK, for the road, but fantastic for the track cept for the bit above about PARTS! :shock:

One thing that might concern you is the fact that the market is swammped with high performance cars at the moment with people downsizing, so I wouldn't expect to see big dollars coming in for the six no matter how good it is :?
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R

Postby felixxr6turbo » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:33 am

robracer wrote:One thing that might concern you is the fact that the market is swammped with high performance cars at the moment with people downsizing, so I wouldn't expect to see big dollars coming in for the six no matter how good it is :?

Yeah, I agree with you there. I used to be in the car sales game, and It was getting hard back then... I know there is going to be a gap between what I get and what I owe, just have to minimise it. Lot of people say just keep the ute until its worth a lot less so you can cover yourself, but this would prove to be to expensive when you take into account all of the costs that go with keeping it.

As for the smoking it up thing, thats the other reason I want this ute gone ;) mountains and mountains of torque can get you in lots of trouble!

Thanks

Felix
felixxr6turbo

Postby ttc » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:05 am

Can I drive your car :D

And I know about the car game, I've just done a brief sojourn into it, running away from it Wednesday :)

Welcome to KSRC :)

And I now nothing about the new bike licensing laws so I can't help you :(
ttc
Team Black

Bike: Z1000

Postby mick_dundee » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:20 am

wlcome Felix, one thing you can be sure of in relation to getting a license in Qld, it'll be way different than any other state cos that's just the way Qld is :P Believe we have a member here that is a Q Ride trainer, someone will know and slap his name up or hopefully he might even slap a post up here himself.
A good mate will bail you out of jail, a true mate will be sitting in the cell next to you saying "Damn, we fucked up!!!"
mick_dundee
Team Naked
Team Naked

State: Victoria

Postby felixxr6turbo » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:36 pm

ttc wrote:Can I drive your car :D

Hah, not sure It will be anything much compared to Z1000!

Today was painful, never seen a Kawasaki out my way, and whats the first thing I clap eyes on after turning out of my drive, a Big Green Monster pulling out of another drive. Not sure what it was, new, udner seat pipes, comp stickers... looked and sounded nice! All of today I cant stop checking out bikes, guess I might have to make a move on this sooner rather than later as it might drive me mad!

Any names or places in Brisbane that would help me out would be great to, thanks.

Felix
felixxr6turbo

Postby fireyrob » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:01 pm

Hey Felix

Dito baby_ninja... Got a 250 with Yoshi slip-on and competition werks fend eliminator. Awesome looking machine but Im sure you'll be over the power pretty quickly coming from a powerful car. Then again its all about cornering and learning so plenty of time on a 250 can teach you heaps! Perfect for learning, getting your licence and saving on fuel :D

Jump back into your ute and its kinda dull compared to the involvement from riding! Have fun and good luck finding a Ninja 250 before September ;)

Rob
09 ZX6R
03 Zthou
fireyrob
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Z1000

Next

Return to Introductions